• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

I don't want to be completely speculative about the seller, but it seemed like they were expecting something bigger. They posted on their ad that they did not want to end the auction early, presumably because they thought the auction would bring a larger amount than many buyers would guess.

Question for you Turtle-heads.

Is the story in Gobbledygook #1 (1986) a reprint from an earlier TMNT issue? It seems to have zero value compared to all other TMNT related books from 1986. I know it was a popular book back in the day when i was grabbing everything TMNT in the late 80's. don't remember the story from anywhere else...

Anyone know?

Cheers.

Great picture, Ryan! No Mikey figure?

Those toys bring me back. I definitely played with those toys a TON when I was little. The Shredder figure was always weird to me. The arm that could hold the sword was tucked so close to his body that it was tough to "swing" the sword at the turtles. Cool to pose, tough to play with.

I see!

So I know the far left print along the top is by Jason Flowers. Then there's the 2012 SDCC print from the new TV show that I presume you got from me. I'm unfamiliar with the next homage over. It kinda looks like the original 80's cartoon figures in the classic pose. Then there's the #50 with the colored bandanas that I don't think I've seen before. Do you have any details about those 2?

I see!

So I know the far left print along the top is by Jason Flowers. Then there's the 2012 SDCC print from the new TV show that I presume you got from me. I'm unfamiliar with the next homage over. It kinda looks like the original 80's cartoon figures in the classic pose. Then there's the #50 with the colored bandanas that I don't think I've seen before. Do you have any details about those 2?

Correct on the Flowers and SDCC prints.

The cartoon figures pose I found on the Technodrome forums. I can't recall the name of the artist but he was printing them up and selling them over there so I snagged one.

The #50 pose is a print of Laird's cover than someone named William Egil watercolored by hand. I actually won it in an ebay auction. It looks nice in person.