• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Can someone plz help me out with some print run info?

I know #1 had an initial print run of 3250.. But can someone please tell me the print run count for the second ans third printings?

Someone's adding more books.....

hm:foryou:

There's a rumor that the initial print run was 3250 and not the widely accepted 3000.

There's a rumor that the initial print run was 3250 and not the widely accepted 3000.

That info. actually came from Peter Laird so I'd consider it confirmed (with one correction - 3,275). Details

Edited by rwhorn

I ran into this cutie whilst wandering through Hollywood this past weekend. It's the back wall outside of Meltdown Comics.

Meltdown_zpse238ff11.jpg

Stan returned the favor and drew an Usagi/Leonardo story for the original Turtle Soup one-shot. I believe Usagi didn't meet the rest of the Turtles until his first Mirage issue.

awesome thanks! I forgot about that one in Turtle Soup and will reread asap!

So, I went to the TMNT FCBD events at Jetpack Comics and Shellback Artworks. That weekend will go down in TMNT history for alot of fans as it was a record turn out. Shelback's line was insane and had to get cut off super early because the signing ended up going almost 3 hours past 4PM.

Here is a flickr album with some pics:

I'll post some more stuff when I get home.

Cool pics!

I skipped the Jetpack signing and only did the Shellback signing this year thinking it would be the calmer of the two. From what I hear, it was pretty close.

I got quite a few things signed...mostly hardcovers and trades. Peter Laird successfully got TMNT vol. 4 #32 to the printers in time and had them available for sale at the signing. I was happy to see another issue from the run finally available but what made it even better for me was seeing my letter published in an official edition of Turtle Tracks. Having a letter published in a Mirage book was a minor collecting goal I never thought I'd achieve. I can't tell you how excited I was to see it in print!

The signing was fun but very crowded. I got in line at 10:45am and I was walking out the door at 3:30. As I drove away, the line was still out the door and down the street. Kevin, Pete, Steve, and Jim are troopers for sticking it out and finishing the line.

I got quite a few things signed...mostly hardcovers and trades. Peter Laird successfully got TMNT vol. 4 #32 to the printers in time and had them available for sale at the signing.

How do I get one of those?

It will be available for purchase on Mirage's site on May 18. It's limited to a print run of 1,000. Also, Peter Laird just posted it for free digitally on his blog:

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/tmnt-volume-4-32-digital-edition.html

I know it doesn't really belong here but I just had to share this Kevin Eastman splash from IDW's TMNT issue 21 that I scored during CAPS (Comic Art Professional Society) latest auctions for Stan and Sharon Sakai. :)

pawfn.jpg

That is really cool!

I didn't fall in love with the new IDW series at first, but I kept reading and it actually got a lot better. Now I'm hooked and really love the new series. (thumbs u

I got quite a few things signed...mostly hardcovers and trades. Peter Laird successfully got TMNT vol. 4 #32 to the printers in time and had them available for sale at the signing.

How do I get one of those?

It will be available for purchase on Mirage's site on May 18. It's limited to a print run of 1,000. Also, Peter Laird just posted it for free digitally on his blog:

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/tmnt-volume-4-32-digital-edition.html

Great! Thank you!

Im sure we've all seen it, but it's truly amazing how the green machine storms back. I work with one of my students in Wal-Mart and they are plastered on everything. The toy line is now producing new waves like back in the day, adding new characters associated with the cartoon etc. it almost makes me want to check them out. Of course, I wouldn't start because I'd have to get all the cool ones. lol. Cowabunga.

I do hope to make the signing next year, if they have one. That would be awesome.

Can't believe a Barbaric Fantasy just sold for about $60 on ebay...I was watching it, and like always... completely forgot 5 minutes before. doh!

Wait, I thought that was just a print...?

I thought Barbaric Fantasy was like Gobbledygook...made on printer by hand? Someone posted something about it earlier, I'm too lazy to search for it. Or maybe not.. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=44&Number=7498676&Searchpage=1&Main=148821&Words=%26quot%3Bbarbaric+fantasy%26quot%3B&topic=0&Search=true#Post7498676 this is what came up in search, along with a WTB.