• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,357 posts in this topic

Anyone have a 1st print of #2 and #3 handy? I've been offered an decent sum for one of my TMNT Dark Horse original lead miniatures #142 sets from someone in Australia. Wanted to see the ad in the inside front cover for the set and can't get to my copies at the moment. If possible, please post a pic. of the ad and which issue it was from. I'm leaning towards the 3rd issue 1st print because I believe that is when I purchased it in 1985 (not 1986 as listed on some sites).

Thanks,

Incoming thanks to Miamiknight3434

imagejpg1_zps4511a8a5.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsdf9d91f1.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsf9c7fc5a.jpg

:headbang:

Awesome books!

Incoming thanks to Miamiknight3434

:headbang:

Awesome books!

I thought so too..too bad they were part of the fiasco (see probation discussion) and I had to cancel the sale/ask for a refund.

Edited by jabberboxxx

I think it's because the series ended with #71 and the later numbers were much lower prints than compared to the earlier numbers. I don't collect these myself but I have watched the prices climb over the last few years.

I know turtles are hot right now.

Can anyone tell me why Turtles 67 from Archie is so expensive?

$48 on ebAy..wow

No one responded when I asked on the copper forum....

The series ended on issue #72. Issue #55 to #72 had ridiculously low print #'s and there are also Canadian Price Variants of these issues. Add to that, that they are tough to find in high grade as they weren't consider true Turtle books by the Mirage Studio turtle collectors.

It's no surprise that these issues will be sought after.

I know turtles are hot right now.

Can anyone tell me why Turtles 67 from Archie is so expensive?

$48 on ebAy..wow

No one responded when I asked on the copper forum....

The series ended on issue #72. Issue #55 to #72 had ridiculously low print #'s and there are also Canadian Price Variants of these issues. Add to that, that they are tough to find in high grade as they weren't consider true Turtle books by the Mirage Studio turtle collectors.

It's no surprise that these issues will be sought after.

Goodgollymolly - you mean my Archie Turtles are actually worth something??? :insane: