• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Yep, all prints, errors, and variants. I didn't do double covers though, not really my thing. That isn't impressive, the ones in your sig line are impressive. I'm jealous.

Thanks man. It's been a labor of love, but I now have all the big dawg Silver keys I've wanted for years. I'll do a group shot soon myself. Yes, your runs are very impressive. I have a whole run of turtles myself, but def not all the printings and one shots. There are so many!. I'm going to do a group shot of all my turtles soon too, sketches included. I love me some Eastman sketches.

I just received this one back. It was signed last year at the Free Comic Book Day event in Maine by Laird & Lavigne. I took it to Gem City Comic Con this year to have it signed by Eastman. It looks like it's the only 9.8 SS. :banana:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles06-1stPrintSS.jpg

I just received this one back. It was signed last year at the Free Comic Book Day event in Maine by Laird & Lavigne. I took it to Gem City Comic Con this year to have it signed by Eastman. It looks like it's the only 9.8 SS. :banana:

Wow!!! That book has always been tough to get in 9.8...and SS?! Great work (worship)

Thanks!

Here's one I couldn't resist. I'm such a sucker for TMNT #1 homages

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles12IDW.jpg

Sweet Sweet Triceraton! Congrats.

I went to the Philly Comic Con Saturday and I have to say that I was a little disappointed. I have never been to a Comic Con before and I expected more back issues (other than Marvel and DC).

I was on the hunt for TMNT vol 4 issues and noticed that if a seller had TMNT books they were WAAAAAY over priced. Some guy tried to sell me a #32 for $100! Another table was selling issues for at least $10 a piece and the staples were covered in rust. I did walk out of there with some other books but "goose egg" on TMNT. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I will say that my experience with CGC was GREAT! I dropped off my TMNT #1 for a re-holder and another comic for grading. I have never CGCed anything before and I am positive they could see the anxiety on my face when I handed over my #1. They guy looked at me and said, "Don't worry it will be fine."

Edited by Parabellum

I went to the Philly Comic Con Saturday and I have to say that I was a little disappointed. I have never been to a Comic Con before and I expected more back issues (other than Marvel and DC).

I was on the hunt for TMNT vol 4 issues and noticed that if a seller had TMNT books they were WAAAAAY over priced. Some guy tried to sell me a #32 for $100! Another table was selling issues for at least $10 a piece and the staples were covered in rust. I did walk out of there with some other books but "goose egg" on TMNT. Maybe my expectations were too high.

That's all actually "good" news. Time to dust off the Turtles. :grin:

Oh, btw, never buy what you're looking for - it can be incredibly frustrating. :foryou: Buy "the best athlete in the draft", what you're looking for will eventually come to you.

I will say that my experience with CGC was GREAT! I dropped off my TMNT #1 for a re-holder and another comic for grading. I have never CGCed anything before and I am positive they could see the anxiety on my face when I handed over my #1. They guy looked at me and said, "Don't worry it will be fine."

lol (thumbs u

I dropped off my TMNT #1 for a re-holder and another comic for grading. I have never CGCed anything before and I am positive they could see the anxiety on my face when I handed over my #1. They guy looked at me and said, "Don't worry it will be fine."

Minutes later...

10099189-cartoon-of-running-burglar.jpg

The turtle books were definitely on display at Heroes this past weekend. Eastman had everything to do with that though.

I posted this in comics general, but since this is the turtles thread I thought you guys would appreciate it. This is part of my report from HeroesCon and my experience meeting Kevin Eastman.

Saturday morning I got to the show floor right at 10. I texted Sam (TAFKADixie) to find out that he was already in line for Eastman and that the line was already pretty long. I hunkered down at the end of the line. The line was running at a 90 degree angle from Eastman's table, which was right in the middle of the con floor:

0C2C5FDC-EFD9-4E86-BDCD-7D430132DD1A.jpg

Eastman did not get to his table until sometime around 11. We were then informed that everyone was limited to two items being signed. I had 4 things to get signed, so my wife stayed in line with me. I thought the folks in line were great. We all talked about TMNT stuff and the con in general. It also gave my wife time to take cosplay pictures. We all took turns saving spots and going out on the show floor. We had fun with folks coming by asking who we were in line for. I'm pretty sure someone walked away thinking Hugh Jackman was actually at Heroes this year because of it. Dealers were coming up to us in line trying to sell TMNT books. The kid in front of me got out of line with his dad for awhile and went and bought a really nice looking 1st print of TMNT 3 that he ended up getting witnessed by CGC. The volunteers at Heroes were also great. They kept coming by and keeping us updated. One guy kept trying to get us to do the wave. I think it worked once. There were TONS of people with TMNT shirts on, so you could tell who the big draw in the room was.

It only took FOUR HOURS to finally get to Eastman. He was very nice and apologetic for the wait. We heard that the line was going to be cut off at 3pm and there was still a long line waiting for him at 2:30.

D310B756-380B-4DDE-9506-B3668350EC9F.jpg

I had been told that Eastman would sign anything and I wanted to put that to the test. I asked the volunteer at the front of the line what the coolest thing he had seen signed by Eastman that day was and he told me a 1st print of TMNT 1. I told him I had something even cooler. He agreed once I showed it to him. Eastman got a good laugh out of it and told me he had actually signed copies of it before:

093922BE-8FAC-47F5-AC3C-544A162D0455.jpg

Yep. That's an OOP VHS copy of the Ninja Rap music video by Vanilla Ice. Surprisingly, Eastman said he never got to meet Vanilla Ice but he knew he was a huge TMNT fan. I also got two prints signed by Eastman for my oldest son and his best friend. I bought the prints off the show floor from an artist that had advertised on Twitter. I didn't realize until after meeting him and buying the prints that he was actually Billy Martin, the guitarist for the band Good Charlotte . He was very laid back and unassuming, and I thought his prints looked great and fit the style I thought two 6 yr old boys would love:

6CEC87E8-EECE-40FF-AC3E-454A8A94C76F.jpg

It was a great experience. I would've gladly paid more just to avoid the line though. Eastman was selling prints, comics, and hardcovers at his table and buying one put you to the front, but if you had anything you brought and wanted signed you still had to wait in line. I thought his print costs were fair considering - most folks were paying 2/$100 for two signed prints.

Kevin Eastman is so great to his fans! He seems to truly believe that he wouldn't have the lifestyle he leads today without the fans and seems genuinely appreciates each and every one of us. I'm very happy you had a good experience!

Toitle. I want to like it I really do but I just can't. Transformer shredder looks ugh and there is way too much daytime action for my liking. The turtles are ninja. They stick to the shadows, not go surfing down a mountain :( o well I'll still go see it first day.