• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,372 posts in this topic

In fact, board member TMNT owned one of these at one time. I cannot confirm if he still has it or if he ever got it graded, but he's posted pictures of it before. These early print runs were done with pretty low-quality printers so errors like this were not surprising. Cool for double cover collectors or people who just like oddities.

Yep, I still have mine, CGC 9.2. :)

:hi: Danny

:whee:

Hi bud!!! The kids look like they're getting big! :applause:

In fact, board member TMNT owned one of these at one time. I cannot confirm if he still has it or if he ever got it graded, but he's posted pictures of it before. These early print runs were done with pretty low-quality printers so errors like this were not surprising. Cool for double cover collectors or people who just like oddities.

Yep, I still have mine, CGC 9.2. :)

:hi: Danny

:whee:

Hi bud!!! The kids look like they're getting big! :applause:

Yes they are Danny.

Cooper just had his 3rd b-day on Sat and Brody is 5 already.

I blinked a few times and I swear, they grew into that pic.

(A shame really - too fricken fast :( )

Hope all is well and fine in your neck of the woods my man. (thumbs u

Got these in for a song as part of a collection. First issue is a 3rd print but 2 and 3 are first prints. I was under the misimpression that all the value was in issue 1, first print, had no idea until I looked them up. Much better condition then expected as I didn't look at them that closely when I first went through the collection. They were bagged and boarded and sideways in the box which explains how they survived in an otherwise random lot of Batmans and other late Copper. Lucky.

scan0261.jpg

scan0262.jpg

scan0263.jpg

scan0264.jpg

scan0265.jpg

scan0266.jpg

Nice (thumbs u

I like my printers proof(has interior cover art as well), but want the comic :taptaptap:

10439556285_da625593ce_z.jpg

Also had a question I'm hoping to get an answer for. I have a raw IDW TMNT #1 RI-D with an Eastman sketch. If KE were to sign it, again, in front of a witness to be SS slabbed, can anybody say how the grading would be handled? When I spoke to CGC, they stated the witnessed sig would be on the description, but the previous sketch would be treated as a "defect" and can lower the grade "dramatically". Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? I honestly have no idea how much a grade would get knocked down because of a sketch? H E L P

Picked this up in Feb on Ebay.

imagejpg1_zps44c9019f.jpg

Paid $152.50

Nice pickup! looks really clean...

Is there still a chance off picking up an 8.0 or better #3 NYCC variant for a decent price (under $500) anymore? It is the only one I need to complete vol 1.

probably not...

You'll have to fork out some bills for the higher grades of the #3 variant:

7.5 blue label signed $900 July 2013

8.0 blue label $795 November 2013

:facepalm:

why, why, why....

definitely one facet of grading I'm not keen on...

c'est le vie

What Mayor006 is referring to is typically the grade range for an unwitnessed medium-to-large sized signature on the cover that is re-signed and submitted for Signature Series.

I've got some experience with exactly what you're talking about. If the sketch takes up most of the front cover as his normally do, you're looking at a 5.0 range assuming the book itself is otherwise a 9.6 or better, structurally speaking.

You may not be keen on it, but the rules as they are and the strict adherence to them is what makes Signature Series so desirable to many.

If the grade is what's important, just submit it for the Qualified label. If you're looking for strictly resale value, you'd probably do yourself a favor by not getting it graded...these particular sketches tend to sell well raw, typically with better margins than their graded counterparts. If you want it to match the rest of your SS collection, then go for the SS label...who cares about the grade. It's for you. (thumbs u

Great proof, by the way. Now Ryan Brown needs to make an appearance so you can complete the set.

I just checked out your TMNT collection. You've got some great stuff! Congratulations.

Thanks brotha!

I hope to add some more stuff this week and FCBD weekend. I get to spend FCBD weekend with the Mirage guys for an early birthday present this year. Gonna volunteer with Jetpack the Saturday and hang out at Shellback on Sunday. Hopefully I'll grab some nice swag.

Hi all, new to the boards *First Post* just spent the last week reading through the entire post, all 300+ pages. Good stuff, learned a TON about TMNT. Thank you for sharing your stories and your knowledge.

So, my collection is small so far - #2 first print, #3 first print. Hope to add a #1 and #4 someday!!

Just got a #1 2009 Color One-shot with the cross hatch error on Ebay for $10 - Do you think that was a good deal? I've heard those are a bit rare. Let me know what you know about this one.

Thanks again!

I'm sure in 328 pages these have been shown and discussed. But this literally fell out of a comic box I had so I wanted to post. Never seen these or knew they existed. From 1989 TMNT cereal prize.

scan0438.jpg

scan0439.jpg

I'm sure in 328 pages these have been shown and discussed. But this literally fell out of a comic box I had so I wanted to post. Never seen these or knew they existed. From 1989 TMNT cereal prize.

Here are all 3 of them if you're interested.

TMNT CEREAL MINI-COMIC #1

TMNT CEREAL MINI-COMIC #2

TMNT CEREAL MINI-COMIC #3