• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

I don't know why earlier I thought a 6th print was standard. Between all this TMNT stuff, Batman selling extravaganza, and my store this past couple of weeks my mind is a mess. Thanks again Ryan for these books, you rock man!!! (thumbs u (BTW why should I have known the 6th print is magazine? Ryan sold me this one :insane:) I love the 6th print but when Ryan offered the IDW "First Turtle" booked signed I was all over it. God, I just love this book. :cloud9:

16thPrintFront.jpg

33Front.jpg

Also, huge thanks to TMNT(Danny) for selling me this commission piece. I'm in absolute love. I can't wait to get this framed along with the others. Thanks again man!! :whee:

Raph.jpg

(worship) chad you are on a roll man. I love that commission piece man congratulations

I am pretty good at making sure all the fail safes measures are taken befoe I buy any RAW TMNT #1's, but I still have never came across a counterfeit copy.

Is it just the size dimensions of the comic that really give it away?

I would come close to buying it. I've haven't seen one pop up for sale.

It's odd...the book was supposedly easy to counterfeit but you don't see too many #1 counterfeits out there that have been graded.

There are 11 in the census. 9 blue and 2 yellow. I just don't understand why someone would spend 5k on a fake book that was made on a xerox machine. I get the significance but I'd rather spend 5k on a real TMNT 1 then a fake one.

But marker squiggles on such nice copies... Nooooooo...!

-1? What, everyone has to be okay with having signatures on their books?

No. We are both free to express our opinions.

Thought I pass this onto others on here. Pretty much getting ready to cut off the pre-sale on these soon. As for having these at the show. Low qty will be there. CGC SS open for these or just CGC. Thank's to those on here who jumped in on these....

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-official-30th-anniversary-edition-0-alamo-city-comic-con-exclusive/

I recently was able to complete a personal goal of collecting all the original TMNT oversize books in 9.8. It was quite an endeavour. This might be the first time that they have all been pictured together in 9.8 goodness:

turtlesc98_zps1954afef.jpg

turtlesb98_zps97ede968.jpg

now to get them all SS'd :insane:

(worship)WOWWWWWWW.

I just wanted to say that I was able to attend Baltimore Comic Con last weekend and it was a great show for a TMNT fan. I'm still working on scanning things and uploading pictures.

In attendance were:

Michael Dooney

Eric Talbot

Gerhard

John Totleben

Rick Veitch

Mike Manley

Cory Smith

Not to mention there were TMNT prints EVERYWHERE in artist alley. I'm glad to see that Turtlemania seems to be back in full force. (thumbs u

I've come to realize that unlike comics, the Turtles evolved and became something else. The turtles today are not the same ones we grew up loving. And that's ok. I HATED the movie. Thought it was terrible but there were little kids in attendance who saw it and loved every second of it. And that's the thing, thats who Viacom wants to like the movie. I bet if we showed that same kid the 1991 movie, he would hate it. Because that's not "his" turtles. So yes, Go Turltemania!

Jaybuck43, I felt the same way about the movie (hence why I did not post one thing about it after seeing it opening weekend) yet as long as the youth of today like it and Turtle Mania keeps going forward - I'm fine with it too!

Sidenote, I actually really enjoy the Nick cartoon. Plus, it is so neat and fun watching it with my two boys and see them wearing TMNT Tshirts every other day and than watching when their friends come over they all dress up in TMNT costumes and "play Turtles."

It's riot seeing how they all decide who gets to wear each characters costumes and how all the weapons are divvied up......just like when I was kid:)

But marker squiggles on such nice copies... Nooooooo...!

-1? What, everyone has to be okay with having signatures on their books?

We take our SS books seriously in the TMNT thread :roflmao:

Yeah, I got that impression after my light-hearted preference was shot down like that... eek! :grin: