• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,277 posts in this topic

I do a ton of framing (I have 3 pieces waiting at the framer to be picked up at the moment) Museum glass is the best (and most expensive. It's 99% UV protecting as well as anti glare. Conservation glass will do a pretty good job as well but generally isn't cheap enough to justify not getting the museum quality. Don't get anything less than conservation glass. The matting is also important. Make sure its something that will off gas. You can do multi layer matting which looks cool. There are different types of matting and that is where the price really comes in. I usually do a 2 inch matting thats 4 ply. You can do 8 ply also which looks "deeper" but at my framer it runs double the price and honestly I don't think it adds to the esthetic. Just my 2c though, its all personal opinion. Make friends with your framer! When you start bringing in piece after piece it will get cheaper because he likes you. Also don't be surprised how expensive it will be (I generally pay about $300 per piece) , a quality frame runs that and more. O and make sure your place is insured.

I am going to post a few more books, but here's a sneak peek.

This second print was already graded 9.8. Thanks to PeasOfCrap, it came back the same.

Single highest signed, for now? :cloud9:

tmnt_1_9.8_2nd.jpg

Sweet book! Congrats! :cloud9:

:applause:

I am going to post a few more books, but here's a sneak peek.

This second print was already graded 9.8. Thanks to PeasOfCrap, it came back the same.

Single highest signed, for now? :cloud9:

tmnt_1_9.8_2nd.jpg

Sweet book! Congrats! :cloud9:

:applause:

Thanks! I was wrong when I said I first started collecting Turtle books 8+ years ago. I remember collecting and trading them around 1987ish. I remember seeing the following book on the stands and buying it way "after" the Turtle hype seemed over.

This book gave me nightmares, it was pretty graphic in nature, but so were many independent books at the time. Of course as a kid, I thought a "#1" on the comic meant it would automatically be worth hundreds, if not thousands, one day.

Worth a nice read at the very least!

1214499-cover.jpg

Going on a round 2 with this exclusive with Alamo show ( Kevin Eastman Studio )

Also will be picking up the TMNT #38 Alamo Exclusive for $25 ( just for thought if anyone need one ) plus I have a private signing with Kevin Eastman. My CGC Witnesses will be on hand.

More better info. TMNT Blog

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-official-30th-anniversary-edition-0-alamo-city-comic-con-exclusive/comment-page-1/#comment-4943

Edited by Glynn Sr

Is it a first print? Add a pic of the inside back cover to verify.

You could try selling it here on the boards first. If that does not work out for you, you should get it graded, try here again if you want, and then go to the bay or other auction sites.

Is it a first print? Add a pic of the inside back cover to verify.

If you look on the link given it show its first print. The back cover is a blank for sketches

You could try selling it here on the boards first.

~~~~ There is only 500 of the Reg, Covers. the Pre-Sale going on now I am almost to the cut off point. Same as the Artist Proof edition.

If that does not work out for you, you should get it graded, try here again if you want, and then go to the bay or other auction sites.

~~~~~~~~ Already have orders for CGC SS. As with the Capital City one that was sold by in July.

The one for Capital city sold out and there was 1,000 of those. So there little qty of this issue.

Thanks for the advise !!!

What should it say on inside cover to verify its first print if it is what is a realistic price

Maybe I did not misunderstand :)

There should be an ad for Gobbledygook on the inside back cover for the first print. If there is, then you have a comic worth upwards of $3k, probably $4k. 2nd print is worth low-mid hundreds, and 3rd print is somewhat lower, depending on grade. I will let other offer their opinion on the grade for your TMNT.

Post and pic if you can

If I am going to sell this what is the best I could make form it. Is it better to put it to auction

Ok here is the TMNT

From what your photos show. That's a first print.

The blood splatter in the middle " T " of on the front cover is correct for a 1st or 2nd printing.

The front inside cover would show the turtle holding a sign with Second Printing indicated in the sign.