• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,338 posts in this topic

Toitle, I have the cassette at home, should I rip it and upload it on here? :)

That made me laugh. I wonder what kind of songs there were? Is that Vanilla Ice song on there?

I was hoping I had taken a picture of the back of the cassette so you could see what songs were on it but, unfortunately, I only took a picture of the front of it. I took pics of the backs of many items...not sure why I didn't do it for this. doh! The track listing can be found here though.

Once my site is launched I'll have to go back and get some additional pictures of things like that. Here are some of the things I gathered from the tour when it came to Denver in 1990...

TMNT-Tour-Album_cassette.jpgTMNT-Coming-Out-of-Their-Shells-Tour-poster.jpgTMNT-Tour_Making-of-video.jpgTMNT-Tour_Official-Tour-Guide.jpgTMNT-Tour-video.jpgTMNT-Scrapbook_Page_38-776x1024.jpg

That's amazing... I had never heard of their show and this cassette. It was around this time that Milli Vanilli were outed as lip syncers. I wonder if the little green fellas (not MV) were as good as Billy and the Boingers...

Rwhorn: I still have tons of old TMNT stuff at my parents house. Let me know if you are missing anything and I can try to see if I have it and can get you scans/pictures.

Very cool. In regards to my collection, I'm not in need of anything memorabilia-wise...that stuff I always just collected here and there growing up. My main passion is the TMNT comic books...if you have any of the items on My Want List I'd be interested though.

Very cool. In regards to my collection, I'm not in need of anything memorabilia-wise...that stuff I always just collected here and there growing up. My main passion is the TMNT comic books...if you have any of the items on My Want List I'd be interested though.

I can't wait to see your collection go live. I'm sure you have some incredible things in there. Get to it already!! :baiting:

I got to thinking about Ninja Turtles, the up and coming movie and the huge shift in the martial arts culture in the USA after we were introduced to MMA.

In the '80's the traditional martial arts like Karate, Kung Fu and Nunjitsu (the art of the Ninja) were wildly popular. Think about all the Bruce Lee movies, the Karate Kid and the countless Ninja movies at the time. Then of course came Ninja Turtles.

It might have made for some very interesting marketing to use selectively chosen MMA fighters to be cast as the turtles. They could have even chosen Gina Carano to play April.

Edited by USArmyParatrooper

To your point, the latest TMNT game, Out of the Shadows, lets you play as all 4 turtles. All 4 turtles have different fighting styles that tend to lend themselves well to the specific weapons they carry. In this case, Raph has short weapons and and with his aggression, he prefers to get in much closer during a fight. His moves seem at least somewhat based on some MMA moves including takedowns and ground & pounds.

I know I'm a bit late to this party but…

As a kid, I was a huge Turtles fan. Almost every year for Halloween I was a Ninja Turtle until I was ten.

For some reason, I missed out on the comics. Well, the last few days that changed. I picked up The Ultimate Collection that had been out of stock on Amazon. It was a fun ride.

The space traveling was a little odd, but it was interesting. I wish we'd gotten to know each turtle a bit better in the early issues. However, Eastman gives breakdowns of each issues and he mentions that there are more like the Raph issues in a later collection.

I'm thinking I should pick up the next collection…