• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,278 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2021 at 1:34 AM, profholt82 said:

I've been loving The Last Ronin. Read number 4 this evening, and really enjoyed it. Won't discuss any plot of the series so as not to spoil anything, but I will say that I like the way the art changes here and there throughout the series when different backstories come about. They do them in the contemporary style of the TMNT book of the era. For instance, when he's discussing certain old events from the earliest days of the turtles, and the art is black and white and resembles the earliest Mirage books. It's just a really cool touch.

It has been pretty cool they way they’ve done it.  Michelangelo’s personal flashbacks are done in Black and White by Kevin Eastman, the other flashbacks are done by Ben Bishop, and the Escorza brothers do all the art for the present day events.  

On 9/25/2021 at 9:04 PM, Turtle said:

Here are some cool oversized prints I was able to pick up recently that I thought I'd share.  The artist is Craig (A.C.) Farley who is a Mirage artist who did the covers for most of the City at War issues in volume 1:

901696647_TMNTFarley-TMNT53Cover.thumb.jpg.877f7f46eb181765930ec4465b2cc0c7.jpg

961473376_TMNTFarley-TMNT55Cover.thumb.jpg.e65e24d7545642dd902d2d2e26d709c3.jpg

They're amazing. That head sketch has got to be one the best looking head sketches of all time for certain. If you never no longer need these ;)

On 9/29/2021 at 12:10 AM, Gazoony said:

Speaking of "City at War" I finally completed the 13 issue run. All 9.8, Blue Label, White Pages. I got home today and the final issue I needed had just arrived. It felt so good having them all together.

20210928_222642.jpg

Sweet!!

On 9/28/2021 at 3:13 AM, Turtle said:

MOST of the TMNT prints I get are from traditional comic artists, but this one caught my eye at the Granite State comic con and I had to get it.  It's from Topps artist Ryan Santos:

2146255366_TMNTSantos-PartyWagon.thumb.jpg.f176dfc1312e0a8d86c502a16f1fa334.jpg

Did anyone else have the Party Wagon toy when they were a kid?  Memories! :cloud9:

@Turtle is your profile picture Fugitoid because he's your favourite TMNT character/comic? I really feel like Fugitoid #1 is grossly undervalued. Fugitoid #1 is one of the original oversized comics and can still be picked up cheap. All the other oversized comics are hundreds of dollars plus! I wonder if Fugitoid #1 will eventually gather some steam. Perhaps people are not so aware it is an early TMNT comic. The artwork is sublime. There are two lines in the original TMNT comic series that have stuck with me since I first ever read them and every time I re-read them I get the same goosebumps sensation. #1 is Splinter's line 'By the souls of my ancestors,' at the end of issue 3 (that final page still disturbs me) and Fugitoid/Professor Honeycutt's line 'Oh my goodness,' at the end of Fugitoid #1!

Arcade1up a few years ago now came up with their full on arcade, 4 player, of TMNT that featured TMNT arcade and Turtles in Time. Cost was about $375 before taxes.

Now they have come up with a COUNTERTOP TMNT ARCADE, that has both games still and is cheaper but smaller, only 2player. Cost $229 before taxes and shipping. It cost me $270 over all.

Available for preorder, estimated shipping mid October. If interested go to arcade1up.com

Screenshot_20210930-092845.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/30/2021 at 9:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Arcade1up a few years ago now came up with their full on arcade, 4 player, of TMNT that featured TMNT arcade and Turtles in Time. Cost was about $375 before taxes.

Now they have come up with a COUNTERTOP TMNT ARCADE, that has both games still and is cheaper but smaller, only 2player. Cost $229 before taxes and shipping. It cost me $270 over all.

Available for preorder, estimated shipping mid October. If interested go to arcade1up.com

Screenshot_20210930-092845.png

https://arcade1up.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-player-counter-cade

to be thorough I might as well give the link :tink: 

On 9/30/2021 at 11:56 PM, Turtle said:

Favorite?  I don't know.  I like Donatello a lot.  But Fugitoid is pretty often forgotten despite being one of the earliest allies of the turtles and he's shown up in many incarnations of the turtles.  He was part of the 80's toyline, he had supporting roles in the 2k3 and 2k12 animated series', he had a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in the 2nd Bay TMNT movie, and he's in Last Ronin. 

Overall, I just really like his design and his origin is very classic corny Sci-Fi and his arc quickly intersects with that of the TMNT.  Plus, he often pairs off with Donatello.  (thumbsu  Outside of that, the profile pic is a scan of my copy of Gobbledygook #1, which is just a cool book. 

You have an original Gobbledygook #1? That’s a pretty big deal if you do! Wanna trade it for my Michael Bay and Megan Fox signed TMNT Blu Ray?! It’s a good swap!

On 9/30/2021 at 8:14 PM, sorrenmj said:

You have an original Gobbledygook #1? That’s a pretty big deal if you do! Wanna trade it for my Michael Bay and Megan Fox signed TMNT Blu Ray?! It’s a good swap!

giphy.gif.df028e33853624d383c7d1d8ad049f4c.gif

Fugitoid appreciation post! He's a pretty underrated awesome character in my opinion. Here are some of my favorite Fugitoid items from my collection (#5 OA page (gone, unfortunately), 1985 iron-on, Russian Fugitoid #1). Alas, Gobbledygook has always eluded me. :boo:

35171262_390453631446717_5301587607321313280_n (1).jpg

36823785_205768036942863_7646962539204444160_n.jpg

Quick question for you guys. What do you store the early oversized issues in? I have the BCW plastic bins for the regular CGC sized books, but I have 6 or 7 oversized early Turtle books and want to keep them safe. I'm attaching a pic of a storage case I was thinking of getting for them. I'd appreciate your guys thoughts and / or insight.

Screenshot_20210930-224830_Amazon Shopping.jpg

On 9/30/2021 at 9:52 PM, Gazoony said:

Quick question for you guys. What do you store the early oversized issues in? I have the BCW plastic bins for the regular CGC sized books, but I have 6 or 7 oversized early Turtle books and want to keep them safe. I'm attaching a pic of a storage case I was thinking of getting for them. I'd appreciate your guys thoughts and / or insight.

Screenshot_20210930-224830_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I don't have a solution, but an observation/question - is this an airtight case? I ask because we have a fire safe for important documents, etc., and I noticed that if we don't open it for a long time, the documents have a weird "damp" feeling to them, like the safe is retaining humidity inside it...

On 9/30/2021 at 11:12 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I don't have a solution, but an observation/question - is this an airtight case? I ask because we have a fire safe for important documents, etc., and I noticed that if we don't open it for a long time, the documents have a weird "damp" feeling to them, like the safe is retaining humidity inside it...

I believe it is an airtight case. That was one of the reasons I wanted to get input here. I know people say that sometimes keeping the books in a safe causes staple rust.