• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,281 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 9:39 AM, BeardedBubba said:

Nice!  How do you look up past sales on mycomicshop?  I'd like to see some of the sold prices.

I don't think there is a way to search past sales. I have TMNT 1 first print as a saved search so I got an email when these showed up in their listings and just tracked them. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, spracknetch23 said:

This is kind of insane. Just saw that an original page from Raphael #1 sold for over $11k on August 31st. I remember thinking Eastman's price of $5k per page was ridiculous back when he started selling pages from this book on his site.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FPreviewCode%3D2021aug%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Deastman%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1504728&id=1504728&itemType=1#detail

hm $11,361 for a random page?  I wonder what I can get for this carp?

18180546770_b4f25e3d22_o.jpg

qF1k1Yhh_010817223111rot-3.jpg

On 9/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, sorrenmj said:

If you ever feel like donating the Raphael :)

loldoh!

I remember being in a LCS way before 2020 but only by a couple of years, and seeing a Raphael #1....

It' might have been a 6.5 priced at maybe $30-50 or so....

and thinking to myself ah that's a cool book, finding out its significance and....

still passing on picking it up lol 

Whhhhhoooooops! ahahah

On 9/14/2021 at 10:25 AM, Ryan. said:

I don't think there is a way to search past sales. I have TMNT 1 first print as a saved search so I got an email when these showed up in their listings and just tracked them. 

Gotcha!  Wasn't there a 6.0 that sold as well?  I don't see that post any more.  I'm trying to remember what it sold for.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:26 AM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Here’s my old collection set I unfortunately sold in 2018  everything is a first print minus #1 being a 2nd print  I bought that #1 in 2017 for 250  

036311AE-7DD6-4730-A15B-CD92D2857DF6.thumb.jpeg.4116f0b6aede9d2342136fcb0dd875ae.jpeg

Very smart purchasing the #1 2nd print for such a great price! I'm thinking it's worth getting 2nd prints slabbed now

On 9/15/2021 at 2:45 AM, sorrenmj said:

Very smart purchasing the #1 2nd print for such a great price! I'm thinking it's worth getting 2nd prints slabbed now

With less than 3 thousand books of the 1st print in existence,  the second print is taking up the demand. There's not even enough of those around. 

No one is talking about Last Ronin #4?  Out today!

I just finished reading it.  No spoilers here.

I will say that this is the first of the four issues that had no extra copies out on the shelves for purchase.  I'm glad I've been getting mine pulled separately.  All I'll say is that I've got high hopes for a solid finale.  I'm looking forward to it!

I've been loving The Last Ronin. Read number 4 this evening, and really enjoyed it. Won't discuss any plot of the series so as not to spoil anything, but I will say that I like the way the art changes here and there throughout the series when different backstories come about. They do them in the contemporary style of the TMNT book of the era. For instance, when he's discussing certain old events from the earliest days of the turtles, and the art is black and white and resembles the earliest Mirage books. It's just a really cool touch.