• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,376 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, DPV said:

I'm going to say 85k here as my guess on the 9.6.

And this 9.2 with white pages and sigs on the inside?  Averaging out the 88k 9.6 and the 58k 9.4 with the same characteristics...I'm guessing 40k for the 9.2 at this point.

DFD53B45-0A0E-40CF-8CB9-741F6427D56A.gif.beb80c937e51d292e7ad5bb482063291.gif

Pretty impressive 🤘    
I think many will be in agreement with the 9.2 being little off kilter upon hammer price.      
For the Trifecta:   
What do think Heritage’s 9.6 is gonna go for?

Btw, I had no clue what any of these would go for. After the $240K, best offer accepted, I’ve been thrown for a wee little loop

On 9/3/2021 at 11:43 PM, Icculus308win said:

DFD53B45-0A0E-40CF-8CB9-741F6427D56A.gif.beb80c937e51d292e7ad5bb482063291.gif

Pretty impressive 🤘    
I think many will be in agreement with the 9.2 being little off kilter upon hammer price.      
For the Trifecta:   
What do think Heritage’s 9.6 is gonna go for?

Btw, I had no clue what any of these would go for. After the $240K, best offer accepted, I’ve been thrown for a wee little loop

I'm going $82k for the Heritage book

On 9/4/2021 at 5:38 AM, tvindy said:

I'll go with $95,000. I think some of the bidders on the last auction didn't want to bid too much when there was a superior (white pages) 9.6 they could fall back on. But now this may be their last chance for a while.

Yeah, the 9.2 did go lower than I expected.  And great logic as to the whys from the guys above as well.  I'll guess 92k on the Heritage book.  If it had the sigs inside I might have taken the over at 100K due to the new 240k mark set.  Just because of that I do feel like we're due for a new record at 9.6.  We'll see in a few days!

This one isn't a new one, but sometimes I like to post something fun to break up conversations about #1 prices.  This one is for any fans of the 2012 series (it's a lot of fun if you haven't checked it out).

474733544_TMNTColorClassics01EastmanandLaird.thumb.jpg.fb455eae188580f031cfbe7caeabf282.jpg

This one has the main voice cast from the series:

Jason Biggs - Leonardo (at least at first)

Rob Paulsen - Donatello

Sean Astin - Raphael

Greg Cipes - Michelangelo

Hoon Lee - Splinter (this series has my favorite version of Splinter)

Mae Whitman - April

Kevin Michael Richardson - Shredder

Ciro Nieli - Art Director (developed the "look" of the 2012 series characters)

Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird

I think the biggest ones I'm missing from this are Seth Green (who took over as Leonardo in the latter half of the series) and Josh Peck (Casey Jones).  This book was put together before either of these guys were really part of the show.  There are a few others I wouldn't mind adding, but room is getting scarce.  Kelly Hu (Karai), Nolan North (Kraang), and David Tennant (Fugitoid) come to mind. 

This series had a ton for TMNT fans of all eras to appreciate...especially among the voice cast.  Corey Feldman (live action movie Donatello voice) voiced Slash while Robbie Rist (live action movie Mikey) voiced Mondo Gecko.  All the remaining 80's cast of Turtles and Krang reprised their roles when the 80's crossover episodes happened.  They even had one as silly as Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) voiced Napoleon Bonafrog...strictly for gag of having the same name.  They even had Napoleon Bonafrog act and speak like Napoleon Dynamite.  Very meta. 

Finally, the book looks to be in perfect condition.  I'm like 99% sure that Sean Astin (or someone) tapped his signature and ended up leaving silver fingerprints on the book...causing a grade drop.  Despite that, I think it's a super cool book.  :cool:

Edited by Turtle
typo

Booyakasha!!

HUGE fan of that series/show🥰      
VERY good idea btw👍

Those sigs are a great homage to that series, so fricken cool🏆 Thanks for posting it my man. 
If any one had to leave the smudges…glad it was Sean lol🤘

(Trying to get Seth to sign it would be pretty darn cool. Personally, I loved when he came on board - he was perfect as Leo)

Edited by Icculus308win
iPhone/Thumb/can’t undo brutal text - sorry

On 9/6/2021 at 9:51 PM, Icculus308win said:

Wow, my apologies.  
Stupid iPhone/my thumb decided to make all text like I had “Booyakasha!!” 
😔

Happens. All good. Made me perk up to read lol

On 9/6/2021 at 10:48 PM, Icculus308win said:

(Trying to get Seth to sign it would be pretty darn cool. Personally, I loved when he came on board - he was perfect as Leo)

He’s the only one that I feel is REALLY missing.  I’m not sure he really makes many signing appearances, but someone give me a heads up if you see him listed somewhere.

And I agree about the voice.  It was pretty jarring when they changed voice actors.  There was actually a 3rd Leo voice actor that did his best to imitate Biggs before Green came on board.  He was in for like 3 episodes.  They gave an in-show explanation for why his voice changed.  It took a few episodes to get used to it, but it didn’t take long before it felt natural.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:12 AM, Icculus308win said:

Wow really?! I didn’t know there was an in between actor/voice. I just thought the transition between the two happened when Leo was hurt after the battle for NY and staying at the farmhouse 

It did, but basically those few episodes leading up to his injury where Leo was taking on everyone was voiced by a different guy.  I guess he did a good job if you didn’t notice. :wink:

For those who didn’t know, Biggs was fired from the show over some offensive tweets.  Based on that, I’m sure the changes behind the scenes were very abrupt.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:52 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I'm going $82k for the Heritage book

On 9/3/2021 at 11:59 PM, Icculus308win said:

💪 call 
I’ll say (solely because it be Heritage) $89,000. If say, it was another venue I’d say under $80K

On 9/4/2021 at 5:38 AM, tvindy said:

I'll go with $95,000. I think some of the bidders on the last auction didn't want to bid too much when there was a superior (white pages) 9.6 they could fall back on. But now this may be their last chance for a while.

wrong-we-were-so-wrong.gif