• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

So I'm in a bit of a predicament currently when it comes to the 40th anniversary celebrations next year.

First of all, I'm based in Australia. With the horrible USD->AUD conversion everything is super expensive (eg. plane tickets, transfers, accommodation, con tickets).
Secondly, I separated from my wife late last year and currently still working through asset assignment, which includes a number of TMNT books that can fetch a hefty sum.
Thirdly, I've always wished to get Peter's signature CGC witnessed on the #1 my ex and I currently own.

So apart from wanting to be there for the anniversary celebrations, with my ex's blessing (TBA) I might be able to attend Granite Con with the #1 for a CGC signing.
Would there be any fellow turtle aficionados that would be able to help facilitate a potential CGC witnessed Peter signing?

On 12/27/2023 at 1:53 AM, Gump24601 said:

So I'm in a bit of a predicament currently when it comes to the 40th anniversary celebrations next year.

First of all, I'm based in Australia. With the horrible USD->AUD conversion everything is super expensive (eg. plane tickets, transfers, accommodation, con tickets).
Secondly, I separated from my wife late last year and currently still working through asset assignment, which includes a number of TMNT books that can fetch a hefty sum.
Thirdly, I've always wished to get Peter's signature CGC witnessed on the #1 my ex and I currently own.

So apart from wanting to be there for the anniversary celebrations, with my ex's blessing (TBA) I might be able to attend Granite Con with the #1 for a CGC signing.
Would there be any fellow turtle aficionados that would be able to help facilitate a potential CGC witnessed Peter signing?

Of course...though keep in mind that Peter has not announced any 2024 appearances officially.  Chances are, he won't announce anything in advance.  At the Granite show in September, there were whispers that he might show up, but only if he wakes up one day and feels like it.  I think he liked the spontaneous nature of the signing and I could see him doing something similar in 2024. 

In other words, you'll likely need to plan your trip with the understanding that Laird is not a given.  Plan on being there for the full length all days and have your book handy just in case he shows up. 

If you do plan on going to the show, feel free to reach out as we get closer...maybe 1-2 week's notice.  While I can't promise that I'll personally be witnessing or facilitating (too far out to tell yet), I will 100% be able to set you up to make sure your book gets/maintains SS status.  I'm not the only game in town or anything, but I've been doing this kind of thing for a long time and I'm happy to help out a fellow TMNT fan. 

On 12/28/2023 at 2:27 AM, Turtle said:

Of course...though keep in mind that Peter has not announced any 2024 appearances officially.  Chances are, he won't announce anything in advance.  At the Granite show in September, there were whispers that he might show up, but only if he wakes up one day and feels like it.  I think he liked the spontaneous nature of the signing and I could see him doing something similar in 2024. 

In other words, you'll likely need to plan your trip with the understanding that Laird is not a given.  Plan on being there for the full length all days and have your book handy just in case he shows up. 

If you do plan on going to the show, feel free to reach out as we get closer...maybe 1-2 week's notice.  While I can't promise that I'll personally be witnessing or facilitating (too far out to tell yet), I will 100% be able to set you up to make sure your book gets/maintains SS status.  I'm not the only game in town or anything, but I've been doing this kind of thing for a long time and I'm happy to help out a fellow TMNT fan. 

Appreciate the feedback and would definitely consider reaching out to you closer to the con 😊

With how elusive Peter has been in the past (and more recently this year) I feel like it's always a gamble if he might show up at a con nearby to him. I'm hoping that with the significance of next year's anniversary that it might encourage him to venture out a bit more, with Granite seemingly the biggest for us turtle fans. I know I'll still enjoy seeing all the talent and fellow fans there, but a bit hesitant to start organising such a big trip when it could be to no avail with Peter not attending.

On 12/28/2023 at 5:38 PM, Gump24601 said:

Appreciate the feedback and would definitely consider reaching out to you closer to the con 😊

With how elusive Peter has been in the past (and more recently this year) I feel like it's always a gamble if he might show up at a con nearby to him. I'm hoping that with the significance of next year's anniversary that it might encourage him to venture out a bit more, with Granite seemingly the biggest for us turtle fans. I know I'll still enjoy seeing all the talent and fellow fans there, but a bit hesitant to start organising such a big trip when it could be to no avail with Peter not attending.

The most likely will be Portsmouth Mini-Con in April.  It's not a real con per se, but rather Jetpack comics is organizing it as a 40 year celebration of the first issue.  I've been working with the owner of Jet Pack to bring my collection with me, I'm sure others are as well.  Kevin will be there, as will Steve.  It's right on the boarder of Maine, so it's nearby for Peter.  

On 1/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

My parents gave me a bunch of my old stuff when I was home for Christmas, including:

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.bdcee29d2f2f309ec95e29c495de685f.JPG

A pretty sweet (but beat up) calendar from 1991, each month has a different pin-up:

IMG_0394.thumb.JPG.5b85d8a8264f6d59c6795192a005e358.JPG

IMG_0395.thumb.jpg.399318a1e87d5a5dd1fb22b7c1c4f237.jpg

IMG_0396.thumb.jpg.c9ccf0ef239034f8ee917edcfbb82f47.jpg

A TPB:

IMG_0398.thumb.JPG.80137ffabe2eb9bec21485301ecef1fa.JPG

And some original art from a 12-year-old me:

IMG_0397.thumb.jpg.5c56c326767ed4486b071977e10f848f.jpg

:x

On 1/6/2024 at 2:14 PM, BeardedBubba said:

These just came back from CGC this morning!  Kind of bummed about #8 getting a 9.4.  I've finally decided to go for a full graded set.

4360718.jpg

Those are very nice!  9.6 is an excellent grade for this run.  They present extremely well and can often be picked up at bargain prices. 

Can you guys help with a Mirage #2?  I am almost positive it's a 2nd print because it doesn't have the small white triangle in the bottom left corner of the front cover.  But Leonardo doesn't have the chat bubble saying second printing on the inside cover.  So I'm confused.  I always thought the white triangle was 100%.  I think I need deeper expertise than mine.

IMG_7797 (1).jpg

IMG_7795 (1).jpg

Edited by BeardedBubba
New info

I've looked in a few different places, but I cannot find a match for which TMNT Leonardo series or issue it is. The image it is sourced from isn't great, so I can't make out anything in the title except Leonardo. Any insight?

IMG_7097.jpg.7a8eaf4a072f7671d957d8cbbb252310.jpg

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I've looked in a few different places, but I cannot find a match for which TMNT Leonardo series or issue it is. The image it is sourced from isn't great, so I can't make out anything in the title except Leonardo. Any insight?

IMG_7097.jpg.7a8eaf4a072f7671d957d8cbbb252310.jpg

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=8497641#59983958