• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Thats one recommendation Iv had several times now and Iv even spoke to Nick directly. Do you know if they'll help find particular comics if not on their website?

Yes they have a wants list service - I've been using them for many years, including getting my monthly standing order.

Dave Finn could grade quite well,  but this was a while ago, back in the late 90s when he used to do the Manchester comic marts. I have a couple of his VF DC 100 pagers that present beautifully.  

I'm far from knowledgable on scanners but will you ever want to scan slabs? If so then you'd probably want a legal size scanner.

10 working days since CGC recieved the DWC submissions from LSCC.

Fast track moderns should be graded at some point today (Confirmed via e-mail from them).

:whee:

Heres hoping my 9.8 New Mutants 18, 9.8 Dark Horse Presents and 9.8 Uncanny X-Men 514 frame variant all maintained their grade after cracking, signing and subbing

:wishluck:

2 weeks remaining on my economy fast tracks and modern non fast tracks.

Fast track moderns should be graded at some point today (Confirmed via e-mail from them).

Heres hoping my 9.8 New Mutants 18, 9.8 Dark Horse Presents and 9.8 Uncanny X-Men 514 frame variant all maintained their grade after cracking, signing and subbing

I'm still worried that they are going to ship back to the right place! Having to put "U.K." in the column where U.S. customers would put the state they live in still have me a little worried.

I'm not a paid member so I can't check on my invoice number.

Should I send them an email??

I'm still worried that they are going to ship back to the right place! Having to put "U.K." in the column where U.S. customers would put the state they live in still have me a little worried.

I wouldn't worry.

All my previous submissions have stated UK in the "State" box. I suppose an e-mail couldn't hurt to be on the safe side.

On the other hand, just looking at my 3 sub forms, none actually state UK anywhere.

Guess I'd best send them a mail...

I agree with everyone here, I've bought from Dave Finn a whole bunch of times in the past and sold to him as well and I like the guy a lot. He's a down to Earth, no BS kinda person and he does make the effort to chat a bit but his grading just isn't great. Most of the stuff that I've bought from him over the years, I'm selling off at two or three grading points lower than I bought them as. I've heard that his grading used to be fairly decent and that he might not be doing the grading any more. That sounds quite possible or I guess he might've got complacent.

Darryl is a jerk and that's unanimous.

Quicksilver and Krypton have terrible grading too. One of the worst that I came across was Richard Crane of East Coast Comics who also sold as Rybac on eBay. He had the most appalling grading, I only hope that he isn't still going.

Rybac is still selling on ebay. Iv only ever bought brand new comics from him though.

Iv jut been pointed in the direction of this thread by the guys on the silver age boards. Im new to collecting more high grade and silver age comics and as Im from the UK they pointed me in your direction. I was just looking for some advice on the best places to buy comics as a UK collector. Also Iv agreed a few sales with guys on the sales forum and I'm worried that Im going to get stung for import duty. Any help for a hapless newbie would be great

There is no tax on comic books. Just tell the sellers to put 'printed papers' on the customs form.

:popcorn:

looks like i have cheesed folks off tonight, decided to see if anyone wanted to trade another of my WD1's but unsure where to put it as i was wanting a key through the years but seems like some have took offence :tonofbricks:

looks like i have cheesed folks off tonight, decided to see if anyone wanted to trade another of my WD1's but unsure where to put it as i was wanting a key through the years but seems like some have took offence :tonofbricks:

lol Don't worry about it, yeah it will pee people off if you post the same thread in multiple forums but they've actually been quite restrained for the boards. If you catch some board members in the wrong mood they'll have steam coming out of their ears over something like that. You apologised and it'll be forgotten within a few minutes. (thumbs u

I didnt realise there were that many rules when trying to swap a book.