• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

cheers Whizzer, will keep a eye out, gonna have some funds hopefully as i put up the Walking Dead 1 on feebay that i bought at the LSCC after seeing one go for £360 today. has been dead in here recently due to London done and dusted it seems.

Good luck with the WD, let us know how it goes. :wishluck:

New update for you Garry, not even 24 hours and hitting £300, can't see it going up to much more

cheers Whizzer, will keep a eye out, gonna have some funds hopefully as i put up the Walking Dead 1 on feebay that i bought at the LSCC after seeing one go for £360 today. has been dead in here recently due to London done and dusted it seems.

New update for you Garry, not even 24 hours and hitting £300, can't see it going up to much more

:popcorn:

I delt with Dave Finn last Friday, sorted me out 300 comic bags for £12 delivered which is a great price, used to get moderns from him when I was in Canterbury

I too have bought supplies form him many times with no problem. I use Volstors for my UXM collection and as far as I know, Incognito are the only current UK retailer. Bags, boards and boxes are all reasonably priced and shipped quickly.

I've met Dave several times and found him to be a jolly nice bloke.

I also did some test purchases about a year ago. Bought a dozen copper UXM's all advertised NM. Specifically asked him for his nicest copies.

The best I got back was 9.2 :(

I too have dealt with Dave at the Royal National and he is a nice guy in person. Incognito's raw grading however is not very good at all, they tend to grade 1 over. But customer sevice is top notch, I bought a slab off Dave and the raw books I picked out he said I could have for free which was nice.

SilverAcre on the other hand just have a large stock of inventory, customer service is appalling and Daryl is just a twit.

I too have dealt with Dave at the Royal National and he is a nice guy in person. Incognito's raw grading however is not very good at all, they tend to grade 1 over. But customer sevice is top notch, I bought a slab off Dave and the raw books I picked out he said I could have for free which was nice.

SilverAcre on the other hand just have a large stock of inventory, customer service is appalling and Daryl is just a twit.

Plus Daryll belittles everyone as if they know nothing about comics - rather annoying :pullhair:

:applause: nice return on your investment and a quick turnaround as well. Nice work.

I agree with everyone here, I've bought from Dave Finn a whole bunch of times in the past and sold to him as well and I like the guy a lot. He's a down to Earth, no BS kinda person and he does make the effort to chat a bit but his grading just isn't great. Most of the stuff that I've bought from him over the years, I'm selling off at two or three grading points lower than I bought them as. I've heard that his grading used to be fairly decent and that he might not be doing the grading any more. That sounds quite possible or I guess he might've got complacent.

Darryl is a jerk and that's unanimous.

Quicksilver and Krypton have terrible grading too. One of the worst that I came across was Richard Crane of East Coast Comics who also sold as Rybac on eBay. He had the most appalling grading, I only hope that he isn't still going.

hope a few more quid on it Whizzer then treat myself to a decent copy of X Men 94

Good going, mate. When does it finish?

I agree with everyone here, I've bought from Dave Finn a whole bunch of times in the past and sold to him as well and I like the guy a lot. He's a down to Earth, no BS kinda person and he does make the effort to chat a bit but his grading just isn't great. Most of the stuff that I've bought from him over the years, I'm selling off at two or three grading points lower than I bought them as. I've heard that his grading used to be fairly decent and that he might not be doing the grading any more. That sounds quite possible or I guess he might've got complacent.

Quicksilver and Krypton have terrible grading too. One of the worst that I came across was Richard Crane of East Coast Comics who also sold as Rybac on eBay. He had the most appalling grading, I only hope that he isn't still going.

yep he is still going, i bought a few moderns off him when Place in Space has been sold out, so bloody slow to get to me though, my WD1 finishes next monday so dont expect no more activity till last minute when a few quid more could go on.

right im after a cheap scanner thats good for uploading comics, any of you got a suggestion for me?

I need to get a new scanner myself cos my current one doesn't do slabs any good. None of the legal size ones seem very cheap.

Are you sure you spelled that right? :/

Rybac is still selling on ebay. Iv only ever bought brand new comics from him though.

Iv jut been pointed in the direction of this thread by the guys on the silver age boards. Im new to collecting more high grade and silver age comics and as Im from the UK they pointed me in your direction. I was just looking for some advice on the best places to buy comics as a UK collector. Also Iv agreed a few sales with guys on the sales forum and I'm worried that Im going to get stung for import duty. Any help for a hapless newbie would be great

Rybac is still selling on ebay. Iv only ever bought brand new comics from him though.

Iv jut been pointed in the direction of this thread by the guys on the silver age boards. Im new to collecting more high grade and silver age comics and as Im from the UK they pointed me in your direction. I was just looking for some advice on the best places to buy comics as a UK collector. Also Iv agreed a few sales with guys on the sales forum and I'm worried that Im going to get stung for import duty. Any help for a hapless newbie would be great

http://www.comicanadirect.com/#content=home

Use these guys, best in the UK if not in the business (thumbs u