• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

what a great weekend for weather, now at home watching Monaco GP, god i love Sky+ and now following 20 books on Ebay which could cost me 3k tonight, lets hope the woman doesnt find my password and check lol

For your collection, or to resell, if I may be so bold? hm

right i won 8 in the end, lost out on Avengers 3 by 67p and Avengers 1 by a few quid, these are all raw but i bought from this fella a few times and his grading has been good.

Avengers 11 - 7.5 - £50.00

Avengers 10 - 7.0 - £46.00

Avengers 6 - 7.5 - £51.00

FF 21 - 6.0 - £33.00

FF 19 - 7.0 - £62.00

FF 13 - 6.5 - £97.00

FF 9 - 6.5 - £125.00

FF 7 - 7.0 - £155.00

taken abit of a gamble tonight with this x-men lot, need most to close a x-men run, just hope his grading isnt pony.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230787770615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Looks a risky one to me, mate. Chances of decent grading are slim, I blew the picture up but it was to blurry to make much out from it. The # 4 & 6 look to be pence copies from it. Wasn't sure if there was a big chip out of the spine of the # 6.

Let us know how it goes.

well says no returns but if well off grading i will return as ebays policy, i dont mind pence copies, just want to finish off runs

How did the X Men run turn out, mate?

If they are all spot on with grade I will be sending them to cgc next week, all cent copies aswell

Good luck, they're some good deals if the gradings good and they're clean of resto. :applause:

Anybody got any tips on selling large amounts of books in the UK? I'm considering slim lining my collection and ebaying each book individually seems like a lot of work for minimal reward :eek:

taken abit of a gamble tonight with this x-men lot, need most to close a x-men run, just hope his grading isnt pony.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230787770615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Looks a risky one to me, mate. Chances of decent grading are slim, I blew the picture up but it was to blurry to make much out from it. The # 4 & 6 look to be pence copies from it. Wasn't sure if there was a big chip out of the spine of the # 6.

Let us know how it goes.

well says no returns but if well off grading i will return as ebays policy, i dont mind pence copies, just want to finish off runs

How did the X Men run turn out, mate?

He wasnt that bad with his grades but ones that was off were earlier books, he gave me a 50 quid refund.

Anybody got any tips on selling large amounts of books in the UK? I'm considering slim lining my collection and ebaying each book individually seems like a lot of work for minimal effort :eek:

Give me a pm with a rough idea of what you got, how many and what price, I'm hoping in future to go into propet selling so buying collections,

Anybody got any tips on selling large amounts of books in the UK? I'm considering slim lining my collection and ebaying each book individually seems like a lot of work for minimal effort :eek:

Give me a pm with a rough idea of what you got, how many and what price, I'm hoping in future to go into propet selling so buying collections,

hm

You still interested in that Superman/Batman collection?

hm

Got them all now, read them and trying to shift myself

hm

Got them all now, read them and trying to shift myself

What sort of grade were they?

Got a near complete Walking Dead collection I'm going to shift, would post on the modern boards for advice, but I'd probably just get abuse so I thought I'd ask my British chums :)

I wasn't really paying attention to prices while season 2 was airing in the USA, but with it on Channel 5 here, is now a good time to sell up, or would I be better hanging on to them until October?

Notice early issues are still fetching a fair rate, but I have no idea what issues 2-10 (I don't have 1) were going for when the Americans were saying the market was going crazy.

Would obviously like to get the most I could for them so if waiting is the better option then it's no real drama.

Any help would be appreciated.

Going to use the funds to complete my Chew collection.

It's a good idea, when only considering ourselves. However, in practice it would alienate most non UK buyers who are hard enough to sell to from here as it is.

Unless I completely mis-read you post and you simply meant discussion thread which may be nice.

It's a good idea, when only considering ourselves. However, in practice it would alienate most non UK buyers who are hard enough to sell to from here as it is.

Unless I completely mis-read you post and you simply meant discussion thread which may be nice.

You read correctly. Maybe a Selling from the UK topic would then be better. So we would benefit from the low cost of shipping but if anyone from the states or elsewhere was interested they could buy also. You just never see people from the UK selling and I would love to see more and I think this would help greatly.

You read correctly. Maybe a Selling from the UK topic would then be better. So we would benefit from the low cost of shipping but if anyone from the states or elsewhere was interested they could buy also. You just never see people from the UK selling and I would love to see more and I think this would help greatly.

Tried it before, Slabs sell well, Raw stuff not so well.

Which is why I consigned all my gear with Nick, he shifted it like no tomorrow.