• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

It's a good idea, when only considering ourselves. However, in practice it would alienate most non UK buyers who are hard enough to sell to from here as it is.

Unless I completely mis-read you post and you simply meant discussion thread which may be nice.

You read correctly. Maybe a Selling from the UK topic would then be better. So we would benefit from the low cost of shipping but if anyone from the states or elsewhere was interested they could buy also. You just never see people from the UK selling and I would love to see more and I think this would help greatly.

I have previously raised this very issue: UK selling forum

Reaction was mixed tbh.

Is the issue not wanting to sell abroad, which I can understand, or not feeling like the other UK boardies are paying enough attention when other UK boardies are selling?

Personally I like the idea, I have tried selling on here quite a few times and it has been a bit of a disaster. The only way to get US boardies to bite is to sell so cheaply it's not worth your while.

right can anyone answer my question please, me and the other half are gonna do the cgc membership to grade books and get the 4 done for free each, right question is do they charge you to send them back on the form that you fill in and if they do how much is it they charge as working out our budget, cheers

right can anyone answer my question please, me and the other half are gonna do the cgc membership to grade books and get the 4 done for free each, right question is do they charge you to send them back on the form that you fill in and if they do how much is it they charge as working out our budget, cheers

I am, certain they charge return shipping, If I am right it is the same as normal charges and used to be something like

1-2 books: $60

3-5 books: $80

6-10 books: $100

but it's based on weight so could be more or less.

This was over a year ago so may now be different

If UK boardies have something they want to sell, I have no objection to being contacted by round robin PM. I may not be interested in all of them, but it wouldn't bother me to receive the Initial pm.

Would this be a possible solution?

If UK boardies have something they want to sell, I have no objection to being contacted by round robin PM. I may not be interested in all of them, but it wouldn't bother me to receive the Initial pm.

So basically you get first dibs on all our books :baiting:

Seriously though, How about a group PM, where UK boardies can put books up for say first before they try the open forum (shrug)

Is the issue not wanting to sell abroad, which I can understand, or not feeling like the other UK boardies are paying enough attention when other UK boardies are selling?

Personally I like the idea, I have tried selling on here quite a few times and it has been a bit of a disaster. The only way to get US boardies to bite is to sell so cheaply it's not worth your while.

The thing to keep in mind is that US buyers can usually find most books in the US for sale so it's quicker and easier for them to pick them up locally.

Having said that, I've been selling on the boards for a long time now (and Nick and Andy have been selling here longer) and I sell far more to the US than the UK. I've had very successful selling threads and sold lots through PM's, the main thing is knowing if the comics that you're selling are likely to attract US buyers. More valuable books will sell because the buyer is more likely to pay higher postage for them, lower value books aren't likely to attract international sales because the shipping will probably be more than the comics are worth.

Seriously though, How about a group PM, where UK boardies can put books up for say first before they try the open forum (shrug)

Which is exactly what I was suggesting you dingbat! :baiting: round robin pm = group pm :baiting:

Which is exactly what I was suggesting you dingbat! :baiting: round robin pm = group pm :baiting:

Oh the love on these boards :cloud9:

:roflmao:

I suggest that we start a list of everyone who would like to be included in such a group PM. So far we have

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

We can just quote and add to the list. Sound good?

I suggest that we start a list of everyone who would like to be included in such a group PM. So far we have

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

We can just quote and add to the list. Sound good?

Gaz,

You forgot me :cry:

doh! mis-red your post :facepalm:

Added a couple

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Just want to make sure I do miss the party. ;)

Added a couple

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

;)

like above i think a group PM to all us in UK should be ok, if anyone objects just dont send to them

You can count me in on this. Always happy to buy on this side of the Atlantic and I agree, 9 times out of ten, it's not cost effective for U.S. boardies to buy from us.