• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 fraud on ebay...oh Schomy!

63 posts in this topic

I am talking with owner right now, he just became aware of it and is contacting ebay to have book pullled. Good laugh, that image of the book was posted I believe only here on boards. It was taken at bank in vault, obviously the pages are from the infamous Action 2.0 with no restoration which was offered at same time as this book...Good watch dogs here...good job guys.

Paul

guys...GUYS....whacha talkin about willis... there is only one GUY here watching your back (ok, maybe not just one, but you get my meaning!)...

I better get 2 burgers saturday, that is all I gotta say

Do you know the owner of this book..? Trying to figure out what the fraud is...I checked PGX census and their is a restored 9.0 so I am assuming the book is legit but the seller isn't?

yes, we know the owner of this book, and he is not selling it on ebay with no reserve...it is a stolen image...

Is that Darrells book??!! :o

Nevermind......he emailed me :gossip:

I am talking with owner right now, he just became aware of it and is contacting ebay to have book pullled. Good laugh, that image of the book was posted I believe only here on boards. It was taken at bank in vault, obviously the pages are from the infamous Action 2.0 with no restoration which was offered at same time as this book...Good watch dogs here...good job guys.

Paul

What you should do is get together with the seller, agree a commission for him ($100k) and demand payment :devil:

My Ebay Fraud Alert Signal started tingling when I say that the seller was from the Detroit Region. I've driving the 2.5 to 3 hour drive from Indiana to Detroit many times over the past four years for either comic book deals or for my HP DesignJet plotter business.

A couple years ago, while at a comic book auction, I saw guns, knifes, junkies, thugs, and a crooked auctioneer who had his 70+ year old father shill bidding. My impression of Detroit has not improved.

Detroit is falling into 2nd World territory. i. e. Eastern European.

I cant make it buddy, I will however send detailed instructions for making the burgers....I really want to I just can't get away this weekend...kids and crazy ex...lol

I really wish I could make it.....

what .... what..... may I suggest dry ice and fed ex!

My Ebay Fraud Alert Signal started tingling when I say that the seller was from the Detroit Region. I've driving the 2.5 to 3 hour drive from Indiana to Detroit many times over the past four years for either comic book deals or for my HP DesignJet plotter business.

A couple years ago, while at a comic book auction, I saw guns, knifes, junkies, thugs, and a crooked auctioneer who had his 70+ year old father shill bidding. My impression of Detroit has not improved.

It is actually better and safer in some Eastern European countries ( I can vouch for that)...

Did you say 70+ year old father??? :boo:

>>Did you say 70+ year old father???

He is a really nice guy to talk to, before the auction starts. I even remember his name, Verne. He says he has all the GA Keys plus all the early Tec's in the #30s and early Actions.

But when the auction starts and if his son gives the signal to start shilling, he turns into a devouring tiger. I've had this happen to me at two separate auctions. And I've talked to a collector that likes to go to this guys auctions just to see the circus acts; dancing thugs, junkie jugglers, shilling tigers.

The take-away from this thread is be very cautious in dealing with anyone from around Detroitovakia.

When I lived in Ohio I made the mistake of going to Detroit to see the Red Sox whoop the Tigers. My wife and I drove in on the evening of a 50 cent/Eminem concert (both thugs native to Detroit).

I pray I never have to go back.