• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a surprise, Christian Bale is a *spoon*

271 posts in this topic

As Brass said, who knows?? Its hard for me to believe that DiNero or Nicholson could go so many years on movie sets without getting into a tiff with somebody on set

Nicholson didn't get asked to play an advisory role in the Dark Knight for Joker, and he threw a $#!t fit... so :shrug:

Anyhow, you have an intense scene going on with someone who is being paid millions to present a million+ dollar performance. I get where someone who then interrupts that performance would cause an actor to get riled up. I'm not saying it's cool--I've always been a proponent for not having to apologize for HOW I say something, but I've also never had a million+ dollar expectation placed on me to perform so who knows how much of a strain that can be on a person?

Poor baby..... :cry:

doh!

(shrug)

As Brass said, who knows?? Its hard for me to believe that DiNero or Nicholson could go so many years on movie sets without getting into a tiff with somebody on set

Nicholson didn't get asked to play an advisory role in the Dark Knight for Joker, and he threw a $#!t fit... so :shrug:

Anyhow, you have an intense scene going on with someone who is being paid millions to present a million+ dollar performance. I get where someone who then interrupts that performance would cause an actor to get riled up. I'm not saying it's cool--I've always been a proponent for not having to apologize for HOW I say something, but I've also never had a million+ dollar expectation placed on me to perform so who knows how much of a strain that can be on a person?

doh!

(shrug)

You never got stressed at work (shrug)

doh!

(shrug)

Sure. I've also thrown tools across the room in the past. And anyone that witnessed it had every right to criticize my behavior.

doh!

(shrug)

Sure. I've also thrown tools across the room in the past. And anyone that witnessed it had every right to criticize my behavior.

Yeah but what if someone kept doing something that you asked them not to. Would your anger be justified then?

doh!

(shrug)

Why, you were never justified in having a rant??

Do you think you should of been quoted afterward, and taken out of context?

Do you think having a bunch of whinning girls comment on your rant afterwards is a fair deal ?

Why, you were never justified in having a rant??

Do you think you should of been quoted afterward, and taken out of context?

Do you think having a bunch of whinning girls comment on your rant afterwards is a fair deal ?

I beat you to using the word justified.

:P

getting angry is one thing. belittling another person is something else all together.

No it's not. I belittled you and you deserved every bit of it.

:kidaround:

BTW, you're ok....for a lemming.

:baiting:

doh!

(shrug)

Yeah but what if someone kept doing something that you asked them not to. Would your anger be justified then?

I have every right to be angry....but that doesn't mean I'm justified in going off the deep end. One needs to maintain a level of self-control. If noone else is around I may very well curse the guy out, but I'm not going to explode in front of my boss or the client.

Bale's whole rant sounded like a an ego driven power play by someone who probably knows he's in a movie that is going to suck.

If he can't control himself when the camera is off then I can see why he was brought in for assault against his own mother last year.

I think he has always been out there.

Listen Chris, I agree with you in principle.

Thing is we don't know the whole situation and now Bale gets a rep as being a bad guy when the director could have been every bit to blame for it...was he banging his girl, did they have history, did the director purposely antagonize him?

Everyone has their limits and when someone oversteps there welcome, after a ot of patience and asking nicely I'll go off the handle like that too.

A buddy of mine once told me a good story. He's Czek.

When the neighbouring country came into their borders to invade...they beat the country back to their own border. They left for a while and came back.

Well after several attemps to come in their neighbor's borders the good neighbours finally got upset.

They beat the invaders back into their own borders and then gave them a good thrashing ON THEIR OWN SOIL.

Where they justified?

Dang right they were.

If you don't heed a good-sense warning the you are going get your azz wooped so you don't do it again.

The invading country left them alone after that for a very loooong time.

(thumbs u

he could have handled it alot better...if the dp keeps on walking into the scene when hes already been told not to, Bale could have very calmly thanked everyone for their time so far that day, explain the level of professionalism that he expects has slipped and that was him done for the day, until certain issues had been resolved. the dp could then explain to the studio bosses why they were a day behind on filming, which on some projects can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars...

Bale's screaming like a schytzophrenic howler monkey on acid is embarrasing to say the least...especially since i like him so much as an actor. reminds me on the story of when Steven Seagal went off at Gene Le Bell (now deceased stunt man) who simply spun him aorund and choked him unconcious. Le Bell never got fired - 1) Seagal apparently deserved his bout of unconsciousness, and 2) no one dare fire Le Bell....

Bale needs to wind his neck in....

So I guess all of you guys opposing Bale's behavior have never lost their temper?

Does anyone know if Bale apologized?

he could have handled it alot better...if the dp keeps on walking into the scene when hes already been told not to, Bale could have very calmly thanked everyone for their time so far that day, explain the level of professionalism that he expects has slipped and that was him done for the day, until certain issues had been resolved. the dp could then explain to the studio bosses why they were a day behind on filming, which on some projects can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars...

Bingo.

It's all about being professional. (thumbs u

Bale's screaming like a schytzophrenic howler monkey on acid is embarrasing to say the least...especially since i like him so much as an actor. reminds me on the story of when Steven Seagal went off at Gene Le Bell (now deceased stunt man) who simply spun him aorund and choked him unconcious. Le Bell never got fired - 1) Seagal apparently deserved his bout of unconsciousness, and 2) no one dare fire Le Bell....

Bale needs to wind his neck in....

Sheeet, he was the bomb!

LeBell is held in high regard by fans of combat sports, who affectionately refer to him as "Judo" Gene LeBell. He is also commonly known as "the Godfather of Grappling" and also as "the toughest man alive".[4] He has taught grappling skills to many well-known wrestlers and martial artists, including "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Mando Guerrero, The Rock (as well as his father many years before), Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Ken Shamrock, "Judo" Chris Adams, Benny "The Jet" Urquidez, Gokor Chivichyan, Robert Wall (aka Bob Wall), Ed Parker and Larry Zbysko.