• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a surprise, Christian Bale is a *spoon*

271 posts in this topic

I can see why he was brought in for assault against his own mother last year.

Careful.... some guys here might think you are taking that out of context.

And then you might be called a whining girl for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Mothers Day ought to be a blast for him.

And then you might be called a whining girl for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Well now, that adds a little more context to the character...which is what I was asking for.

I didn't outright excuse the guy...I just asked for a trial before the hanging.

I don't own a TV so I miss a lot of this stuff.

I'd still like to hear a back story to this latest incident.

R.

Well now, that adds a little more context to the character...which is what I was asking for.

R.

Just follow my lead. Why others don't is beyond me. (shrug)

Very rarely is anger really justified. Anger, and rage is a sub-species level of emotion. When you start rationalizing your anger than you start to get on a slippery slope. I have lost my cool a few times myself, but looking back on almost everyone of those situations I realize I could of reacted in more of a professional manner. When a person becomes enraged they have admitted that the person that they are angry at controls them. They literally control their mind set and emotions. I view anger as weakness not strength. Those who are angry lose the ability to have sound judgment. Their decision making is now clouded by emotion. A rational mind is the highest level of thinking a human can have, and emotion eliminates the ability to have a rational mind.

Sheeet, he was the bomb!

LeBell is held in high regard by fans of combat sports, who affectionately refer to him as "Judo" Gene LeBell. He is also commonly known as "the Godfather of Grappling" and also as "the toughest man alive".[4] He has taught grappling skills to many well-known wrestlers and martial artists, including "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Mando Guerrero, The Rock (as well as his father many years before), Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Ken Shamrock, "Judo" Chris Adams, Benny "The Jet" Urquidez, Gokor Chivichyan, Robert Wall (aka Bob Wall), Ed Parker and Larry Zbysko.

Wrong! Nobody teaches Chuck Norris cause Chuck doesn't take anything from anyone :sumo:

R.

#28 on the list lol

what white people like

R.

#28 on the list lol

what white people like

I've been to Serbia, they're not white... kind of diluted mahogeny, and with no fatties, as you can't find a McDonalds for love or money doh!

he could have handled it alot better...if the dp keeps on walking into the scene when hes already been told not to, Bale could have very calmly thanked everyone for their time so far that day, explain the level of professionalism that he expects has slipped and that was him done for the day, until certain issues had been resolved. the dp could then explain to the studio bosses why they were a day behind on filming, which on some projects can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars...

Bale's screaming like a schytzophrenic howler monkey on acid is embarrasing to say the least...especially since i like him so much as an actor. reminds me on the story of when Steven Seagal went off at Gene Le Bell (now deceased stunt man) who simply spun him aorund and choked him unconcious. Le Bell never got fired - 1) Seagal apparently deserved his bout of unconsciousness, and 2) no one dare fire Le Bell....

Bale needs to wind his neck in....

That sounds like a great story! Seagal is always good for a laugh. A friend of mine has most of his movies just because they're so much fun to ridicule while watching and having a beer.

As for poor Christian, I imagine he's still feeling a little sore about taking the lead role in one of the biggest grossing films of all time only to have nobody know he was in it. Who starred in The Dark Knight? "That dead guy, Heath Ledger! Oh and Batman of course. I think he was played by Val Kilmer or something..."

R.

#28 on the list lol

what white people like

I've been to Serbia, they're not white... kind of diluted mahogeny, and with no fatties, as you can't find a McDonalds for love or money doh!

I can't see the link.

:(

There was a McDonalds in Belgrade although I'm not sure if it's still open...it was a big hit in the 80's.

You're right about people being realitvely thin.

So what's the link about?

In any other industry but Hollywood, if someone goes on a tirade like that, and word gets out about it, they'd be dragged in front of the HR police and be severely reprimanded... maybe even suspended or fired (particularly if there's a history of it). That behavior is unacceptable in the workplace.

What I hear there is a bully taking out his ugly temper on someone who's not in a position to retaliate - if somebody spoke to you like that, other things being equal, wouldn't you tell them to go and flick themselves? Note also the threat to walk out and not come back till the guy's removed. Bale could get him fired and he knows it. What a creep.

What I hear there is a bully taking out his ugly temper on someone who's not in a position to retaliate - if somebody spoke to you like that, other things being equal, wouldn't you tell them to go and flick themselves? Note also the threat to walk out and not come back till the guy's removed. Bale could get him fired and he knows it. What a creep.

I agree. Anywhere else but Hollywood, that's the type of behavior that gets you terminated. Imagine if I go off on a curse-filled tirade on one of my teachers (and worse, in front of their students). How long do you think I keep my job?

He also clearly displayed a complete lack of self-control. His first rant wasn't enough, he had to get himself worked up at least twice more during that audio clip. By the second time, it wasn't the DP that was the causing a problem for Christian Bale, it was Christian Bale destroying his own focus and delaying filming even more.

What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

Explain?

I mean I clearly dont know the whole story and wasnt on set, but I like someone that can speak their mind like that. I know a lot of it was uncalled for, but it was quite amusing and shows that Bale is not afraid to stand up to people on the set..

If I was a director or producer, I would want someone with that much passion in my movie.. just dont walk in on a scene :insane:

i don't fall for that. have you ever heard Dinero or Nicholson scream at anyone on the set like that?

And you know this for a certainty how (shrug)

i'm pretty sure you would have heard about it. even Casey Kasem's tantrum was news worthy.

lol

That's actually pretty funny if you imagine Shaggy from Scooby Doo making the rant!

(for those of you that don't know, he did the voice for shaggy and many other retro HB cartoons)

lol

I agree. Anywhere else but Hollywood, that's the type of behavior that gets you terminated. Imagine if I go off on a curse-filled tirade on one of my teachers (and worse, in front of their students). How long do you think I keep my job?

He also clearly displayed a complete lack of self-control. His first rant wasn't enough, he had to get himself worked up at least twice more during that audio clip. By the second time, it wasn't the DP that was the causing a problem for Christian Bale, it was Christian Bale destroying his own focus and delaying filming even more.

What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

There is no excuse for anyone taking their bad day or bad mood out on those around them.

:makepoint:

I was at the movies with my kids a few weeks ago, an afternoon matinee for a kids family rated movie and this guy starts gigging out. He was there with his two small children similar ages to mine 5 and 7. He starts yelling at the screen, he jumps up and goes out into the hall and yells some more then comes back in and does it again. He was complaining about all the ads and why don't they just start the movie.

So not only did he make a huge azzz out of himself but he upset my kids, his kids and all the other children in the theatre (and there were lots!) as well as most of the parents. And if I didn't already feel so terrible for his children (they were both crying ) I would have asked him to leave.

Anyway finally my son Julian (age 5) stands up and says in a very loud voice

"Mommy that Daddy just needs to relax !!"

to which I responded "Exactly !!"

rantrant