• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

^^

my dad WDC&S --

45 :cloud9:

69 :cloud9:

74 :cloud9:

140 :acclaim:

:banana:

So you're the one who outbid me on #140! I thought for sure my 5x guide bid would win, and I even placed another bid at $1,600. I guess it could have gotten ugly if I kept bidding. How high were you willing to go?

It would have been bad, my dad is big time uncle scrooge and I'm into golf and it's the first Carl Barks Litho. he purchased. Don't think we'll ever upgrade just wanted a NM copy. I won't say sky was the limit but he really liked the 45 and we went 3,00 so probably similar. :grin: (thumbs u

Good deal then - I'm glad I didn't getting into a bidding war with you, and glad I could save you $1,000 or so :grin:

Good deal thanks I'll post em when we get em :applause::grin: (thumbs u

Haven't we talked about "new" money coming into the market...

That must be the case with these two.

The 6 has one of the best covers of the first 10

Actually, if I had a choice between issue #6 or issue #11, I would definitely choose the #11. Issue #6 just seems a little too static or lifeless while #11 does at least have a little bit of action going for it.

And in terms of this auction, I would most defintely tale the #11 in 8.5 for only $3,300 as compared to the #6 for almost $57K.

Outbid on the SIngle Series #20 :tonofbricks:

Me too. I thought my bid was strong, but it got blown away. doh!

Me too.....the only book that I was seriously thinking of bidding on in this first session.

Looks like the price went more than double what the past few sales of this book went for in the same condition.

I guess it must be the booming economy we are having right now. lol

Outbid on the SIngle Series #20 :tonofbricks:

Me too. I thought my bid was strong, but it got blown away. doh!

What was the grade and the final price?

link

I actually considered posting a bid for those 2 myself, but I was still kicking myself on passing up the X-Men #4 :(

Somewhat funny story I just got home from my dad's house. We were bidding under his account. Checked my account and I was the under-bidder at 240 doh!

Cost myself an extra 20 bucks. :pullhair:

:grin: (thumbs u

I actually considered posting a bid for those 2 myself, but I was still kicking myself on passing up the X-Men #4 :(

Somewhat funny story I just got home from my dad's house. We were bidding under his account. Checked my account and I was the under-bidder at 240 doh!

Cost myself an extra 20 bucks. :pullhair:

:grin: (thumbs u

lol

That price seems about right.

I'm a huge Wonder Woman fan but I have no spare funds these days. So no bidding for me in this Heritage Auction. I really would have loved some of the later Sensations. Hopefully they'll come back up for sale again in the future.

Wonder Woman books were always "bargains" next to Superman...they are much lower in the guide, even though they are MUCH harder to find.

I was bidding on some of the later Sensations, but the 19.5% just did me in, lol...I gave up...not the right time, now...that was some collection posted...I guess I'll be happy with mine.