• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

My gosh, Superman #6 in CGC 8.5 (overstreet 8.0 is $ 2204).....

Previous sale for an 8.5 sold for $ 2530 in 2006.

In today's ecomomy, just sold for .....

$ 47,500.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget about the $9,000 or so in buyers premium they have to pay.

I won the Action #11 CGC 5.5 and #104 CGC 9.4 :banana:

Congratulations, I am very happy you got these. The #11 must be your earliest?

---

One of my friends got burned with HA/Live today: he meant to bid on a book but pressed the button too late and ended up winning the next lot (which he of course had no interest in).

OUCH!

They do disable the button once they close the lot -- a feature I thought would have prevented that from happening. Your friend should definitely contact Heritage about the problem.

Something just does not sound right with the Supe #4 and #6 figures. Maybe some bidder walked away from his computer for a couple of minutes and his young son or daughter decided to push the "shiny red button" over and over on the computer screen.

I won the Action #11 CGC 5.5 and #104 CGC 9.4 :banana:

That's great, Mike! (thumbs u Can't wait to see 'em!

Thanks guys! The #11 will be my earliest. It will be a month or so before I recieve them. Meanwhile here is the scans.

Action104CGC94.jpg

Action11CGC55Georgesscan.jpg

Not all books are going crazily high - the Tough Kid Squad Kansas City 8.5 went for less than 8.0 Guide

That's actually pretty strong for that book - look at the sales history. Another one of those overpriced Timely keys.

Something just does not sound right with the Supe #4 and #6 figures. Maybe some bidder walked away from his computer for a couple of minutes and his young son or daughter decided to push the "shiny red button" over and over on the computer screen.
It was between floor bidders! It sounded like women bidding against each other.