• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

The worst/saddest part of this whole thread is that you sincerely believe what you are doing is okay. You feel your judgement is better than CGC's and that you have every right to crack a slab, advertise the book at a higher condition/value, DO NOT DISCLOSE THE PREVIOUS GRADE, then take a massive profit.

On two books, out of 1850 book and lots sold on eBay? Tell you what, I'm going to pull the two auctions and destroy the two books. They're really only a 7.5 and a 7.0, o they won't be much of a loss, right?

I'll take the high road and be held to an ideal, a Gold standard higher than any other seller in the hobby. I will never sell another book that has ever been graded by either CGC, PGX.

I give up. Grading isn't subjective, and seller has no right to grade a comic anything other than what CGC has graded it, be it undergraded or overgraded.

10 hours of banging my head on a stone wall is enough. I'm convinced.

You know all the auction sites. See if any comic I ever offer raw again has ever been grade by CGC.

When I sell the AS #44 CGC 8.0 that's really a 5.0, I'll make no mention of what dreck it is, because who am I to disagree with the grade.

I'm done here. I have the patience but lack the stamina for marathon posting and rying to please everyone in the hobby with each and every sale as well as the buyer.

And I don't disagree ith CGC all the time. Most of the time I agree with them. On these three books I do however, disagree.

VICTORY!

Until the next person gets scammed

Until the next time you forget to keep your photobucket account "clean" insufficiently_thoughtful_person lol....

Peace out! Get out of these forums. This was one of your more serious attempts to debate your accusations so thanks for all of the marathon posting.

I think everyone now will feel safe buying from you now that you are at your new gold standard and will never sell a cracked slab again. (please read using as sarcastic a voice as possible)

P.S.- why would you even pull your auctions if you feel what you do is legit? could it be maybe some good points were mentioned here?

well Perry we are almost at a point where we can let things die.

I think because of the hard work of this board you are a bit more honest or at least aware of restoration affecting your ebay feedback and business.

I think you hands down crack slabs and flip them for a higher grade AS A JOB, and AS A BUSINESS. A CON BUSINESS. You think it is legit. It's not. We have a different opinion.

I think the best bet for you if you are so confident in your grading skills and the fact that CGC overgrades all the time you should state the previous grade in your auction, or else face public noosing ALL THE TIME. Just say what you are doing in your ebay listings. Be honest. I could still see a lot of people buying from you that way, just the bids would not be so outrageous.

I think that is the main thing. You just burned a lot of people and that is why they are all on your case. Disclose what you do. State your comic book expertise and opinion is put into every auction.

Also just ignoring the whole profit investment thing everyone keeps asking makes no sense at all. You see these books on c-link or pedigree or heritage go for LOOT. If you were a comic book hustla, NOT A SCAMMER you would just slab your books your "find" and flip them for WAY MORE MONEY! You write so eloquently and believably address that fact.

----NOBODY else BUT YOU in their right mind would EVER sell ANY of the books you sell raw without slabbing them first. They would leave too much money on the table.

I read all your posts.....there is no legit answer for that last fact. THus people think you are sketchy.

There are no restoration worries. The last purple return I had on an unrestored comic was well over a year ago. I wouldn't say that in print if it could be verified as false! My books are all being returned blue. Five returns were made during my first year. All under $200 except for one and all accidental. two I believe were CGC miscues and yet I listed them as restored just in case they were!

There is not one person in thi hobby that can say theyreceived a restored comic from me that was listed as unrestored within the past year!. I was good at detection, and now I genuinly believe I'm on par with CGC's expert abilities.

The worst/saddest part of this whole thread is that you sincerely believe what you are doing is okay. You feel your judgement is better than CGC's and that you have every right to crack a slab, advertise the book at a higher condition/value, DO NOT DISCLOSE THE PREVIOUS GRADE, then take a massive profit.

On two books, out of 1850 book and lots sold on eBay? Tell you what, I'm going to pull the two auctions and destroy the two books. They're really only a 7.5 and a 7.0, o they won't be much of a loss, right?

I'll take the high road and be held to an ideal, a Gold standard higher than any other seller in the hobby. I will never sell another book that has ever been graded by either CGC, PGX.

I give up. Grading isn't subjective, and seller has no right to grade a comic anything other than what CGC has graded it, be it undergraded or overgraded.

10 hours of banging my head on a stone wall is enough. I'm convinced.

You know all the auction sites. See if any comic I ever offer raw again has ever been grade by CGC.

When I sell the AS #44 CGC 8.0 that's really a 5.0, I'll make no mention of what dreck it is, because who am I to disagree with the grade.

I'm done here. I have the patience but lack the stamina for marathon posting and rying to please everyone in the hobby with each and every sale as well as the buyer.

And I don't disagree ith CGC all the time. Most of the time I agree with them. On these three books I do however, disagree.

VICTORY!

Until the next person gets scammed

Until the next time you forget to keep your photobucket account "clean" insufficiently_thoughtful_person lol....

Peace out! Get out of these forums. This was one of your more serious attempts to debate your accusations so thanks for all of the marathon posting.

I think everyone now will feel safe buying from you now that you are at your new gold standard and will never sell a cracked slab again. (please read using as sarcastic a voice as possible)

P.S.- why would you even pull your auctions if you feel what you do is legit? could it be maybe some good points were mentioned here?

As stated four times I knew they were there and I knew my file is public. I had shown the slabbed scans to dozens of hobbyists. I made no secret of my "Three good examples of why I don't submit" slabs. I also stated many times that hen I did sell them, they would be sold as they really are, including the As #44 being mentioned as being no better than VG/FN!

I will find the emails I've written on this and post them upon my return in several days. It will take a while to find them, but I do save everything.

I think the best bet for you if you are so confident in your grading skills and the fact that CGC overgrades all the time you should state the previous grade in your auction, or else face public noosing ALL THE TIME. Just say what you are doing in your ebay listings. Be honest. I could still see a lot of people buying from you that way, just the bids would not be so outrageous.

A stated, these are two examples that I've held for quite some time, were bought to sell raw as NM books and are genuine gorgeous books that the buyers would be very happy with, but I won't be selling them now. I'm very careful to never buy a raw book that was once CGC slabbed. very conscious of that. The times it's happened can be counted on one hand and it won't happen again.

I'm getting the rap for books that a different seller sold long before I started to sell. I've had no problems with discovering and disclosing restoration.

These are the first two books that I've ever offered raw that I Knew were once CGC slabbed and I vehemently disagree with the grade on them, not with CGC in general. Just on these two.

Because you just don't know me. It's easier, a path of far les resistance to pull and destroy those two books than to have to keep marathon posting in a failed attempt at appeasing everyone on the forums, who isn't even a buyer.

Forum 1, Robo 0. Nobody will ever have to worry about anyone ever buying either of those two books again. A small price to pay for disagreeing with a CGC grade. Everyone who disagrees with a CGC grade should similarly pony up a penalty like I am. It's the right thing to do, and I genuinely believe that.

This everyone is the ramblings of a patheological criminal......

Just like everyone in Jail says they are innocent too. lol

Also thanks for pulling those auctions, why dont you do the rest of the collecting community a favor and pull all of them?

He has every right to grade any book whatever grade he wants. He may even truly believe the grades that he gives his comics. Grading is subjective, this is true. The grades he states may be in line with CGC or they may be overgraded, but to be honest, that is true with probably 99% of all sellers on eBay. If he cracks a book from a CGC slab to sell it raw, that's fine as well. If he grades it differently, that's fine as well. If that were me cracking and selling, I would include CGC's grade in my disclosure. Would he, most likely not, but that's no different from many board members here who spoke up saying that there's no need to include CGC's grade when they crack a book. He may have been a criminal before, he may have been selling restored books as unrestored books before, I don't truly know. From here, it just looks like his game is to sell raw books and advertise them for what he thinks they are. They may likely be lower than what CGC would grade them, but there's only one way to test that.

Andy

Of coarse he does. This is America. I'm also sure that all those that have been hosed in the past are sleeping well at night knowing his rights were not violated.

is the issue over grading or restoration? If he's passing off restored comics as not restored, that's obviously a scam. If he's "over grading on ebay" ... who isn't? Well, I suppose a lot of people aren't, but I pretty much assume that anything I buy on ebay will be a full grade below what it was listed as, and bid accordingly.

I buy not so expensive comics. I can see how this would be increasingly frustrating as the price tags got higher.

Ahhh! THIS is what the boards have been missing! A Dupcake thread! :cloud9:

How long before he threatens to kill Grinder? :popcorn:

I have that penciled in for Thursday 1:00AM Eastern. (shrug) But he may hold out for Friday.

Ahhh! THIS is what the boards have been missing! A Dupcake thread! :cloud9:

How long before he threatens to kill Grinder? :popcorn:

I have that penciled in for Thursday 1:00AM Eastern. (shrug) But he may hold out for Friday.

I think you're selling them short. Grinder can crack the hammer faster than that. ^^

funny thing is, even if I didn't respect the opinion of this many board members, I wouldn't trust this guy just from his two active threads. He doesn't answer certain questions because it's obvious he has no answer for them, he talks in circles, and the contradicts his own statements. Has made my night at work much more enjoyable to see him get his handed to him.