• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC '10 - It's Never Too Early!

855 posts in this topic

I don't want to put a damper on NYCC (after all this is best convention my wife and I will get to attend this year), but I've read several reports about bed bugs in NYC, and my wife and I are flipping out. We're close enough that we can take the train in from Central Jersey each day, but we really would like to stay in our hotel. Just seems easier that way.

But if there is still a bad bed bug problem come October, we'll cancel our hotel.

Anyone else worried?

I hear they are the size of a small dog in the older hotels. :insane:

:roflmao:

The reason I have heard for CGC not grading onsite is because the con organizers are not willing to give up any space at the convention center for the grading equipment.

I know Desert, it would be cool.

The good people at CGC have explained what effort it takes for on-site grading. The on-site grading program is expensive for each of us to have. We are interested in helping facilitate the effort, but the reality is there are a few third-party costs involved that either of us have no control over. Add the fact that the exhibition space is nearly sold out and all the secure meeting rooms been booked or months . . . does not make it easier.

We will make it happen one day.

Man the hotel prices are crazy this year.

Dude . . . I see that. Looking at the broader market of travel and hotel stocks (Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott) are all doing okay. Some say an economic indicator is the vacancy rates of hotels; you decide. NYC market still has a lot of international travel and October is always popular.

will the space be open between the anime and comic con or they will just happen to be in javitz in different places that weekend?

Anime will be on the floor with all the other exhibitors specifically on the right side of the the big room "Hall A" at the Javits.

I just saw this on the NYCC page. This'll make life very interesting for some attendees...

Can I Bring A Suitcase Or Handcart With Me?

Please be aware that handcarts, trolleys, oversized strollers, rolling luggage, and wheeled backpacks are not allowed in the Exhibition Hall.

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but if not, oh, boy, those of you that wheel the 3 short boxes around are in trouble... :)

I have my costume all picked out and ready to go. Woo!

Do tell . . .

I want to be Goffer but will look more like a barrel shaped Cookie Monster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spidergirl-Spider-Girl-Spider-Man-Adult-COSTUME-4-6-/200505796899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

This will be the first comic convention I have gone to in over 15 years. My friend will be signing there and he asked me to come. It will be interesting to see what has changed in 15 years, I'm just afraid of what it will do to my wallet (which is why I haven't gone in so long).

If the last comic con you gone to was the Fred Greenberg, Great Eastern Cons. This one blows that away 10 fold. For me NYCC is very similar to SDCC back in the late 90's.