• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 13

42 posts in this topic

I've gathered that Action Comics 13 is hot and very sought after. But after looking through Gerber and OSP I can't tell why it's so regarded and priced as such. Can someone enlighten me? Inquiring mind wants to know.

I've gathered that Action Comics 13 is hot and very sought after. But after looking through Gerber and OSP

I can't tell why it's so regarded and priced as such. Can someone enlighten me? Inquiring mind wants to know.

Someone said it was the poor man's 10. It is the fourth Superman cover which should be enough.

What else is there? I thought the train was by Guardineer and it is similar to 10.

I prefer a larger Superman figure like on the covers of Superman comics.

3084916292_df86ec6953_o.jpg

2942221058_f9e1477abc.jpg

Most collectors cannot afford an Action 1 so they chase the next best thing(cover appearance)Action 7,but that has gotten very pricey as well.So logically if you're priced out of a 7 you then look at the 10,13,15 and so on.13 is less than half the price of issue 10,has a great cover,and is truly rare in the open market.A great book to target,except that many other people are already in line lol

I think 13 has a great cover....I don't know exactly what those early actions go for on an issue by issue basis but I know they are already out of my price range unless were talking about good condition :sorry:

I am not real impressed with issue 10 to be honest but #7 is awsome (worship)

I purchased Action 17 and Action 40 a long time ago. I like the roll over tank covers and relate everything back to the toys. I probably would have done better if I purchased and kept more early Superman comics but comics are fun to read and not just investments. And so many different comics were produced that it is difficult to stick with one issue, one title, one publisher or one era.

bb

I've gathered that Action Comics 13 is hot and very sought after. But after looking through Gerber and OSP I can't tell why it's so regarded and priced as such. Can someone enlighten me?

Men collect :cool: mags with hot looking centerfolds.

act13.jpg

Action 13 is far overrated and ridiculously overpriced. Nothing really special about the book IMHO.

so how long have you been looking for one?

I've owned two unrestored copies, and will not be looking for a third. :whatev:

Action 13 is far overrated and ridiculously overpriced. Nothing really special about the book IMHO.

so how long have you been looking for one?

I've owned two unrestored copies, and will not be looking for a third. :whatev:

never knew that Diz...The Supe 1 CF on the Action 13 is one of the cool features (thumbs u

I'm happy to say that I don't miss my former 4.0 copy anymore :D