• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #4 and #6 Heritage sales

198 posts in this topic

Would've had to have been two bidders listening to rap and tapping their fingers on the bid button. Unless it was the same person, with 2 Heritage accounts, talking on two phones to two Heritage representatives.

Stranger things have happened....

This is very unfortunate.

Extremes like this are never good for any sector.

Take a look around at all the dealer's sites now...

$50,000 for Supes #4 8.0 on Clink?

$75,000 for #10 9.4

etc...

Someone should contact Lon Allen to get the scoop (if Heritage will divulge it.) However, even if it goes unpaid, Heritage may keep it hush hush for fear of embarassment.

I bet both books will be available in the next Heritage auction.

A bunch of HG GA Supermans are coming up in auctions this month, and we can gauge the validity of this recent occurance based on those numbers!

thats silly. clearly the buyer of the Heritage copies were well aware of the other Supermand sitting on well known sites. To raise their prices based on these 2 sales is a waste of time. Understandable, cause, hey who knows maybe Superman is Supahot and the owners would feel pretty silly to see them scooped up and then flipped for big bucks,,,! But cmon,,, 75K?

on what planet?

thats silly. clearly the buyer of the Heritage copies were well aware of the other Supermand sitting on well known sites. To raise their prices based on these 2 sales is a waste of time. Understandable, cause, hey who knows maybe Superman is Supahot and the owners would feel pretty silly to see them scooped up and then flipped for big bucks,,,! But cmon,,, 75K?

on what planet?

THANKS.................... PLEASE ENTER ME

:devil:

A bunch of HG GA Supermans are coming up in auctions this month, and we can gauge the validity of this recent occurance based on those numbers!

CK;

Don't know how useful the next Heritage auction is going to be for guaging Superman prices unless it is exactly the same two issues.

Instead of waiting until the next auction, isn't it simply better to look at the results of this exact same auction:

1) Superman #3 in 7.0 for $5,078 versus a guide price of $4,300

2) Superman #5 in 7.0 for only $2,390 versus a guide price of $2,500

3) Superman #10 in 8.0 for 4,182 versus a guide price of $2,048

4) Superman #11 in 8.5 for $3,346 versus a guide price of $2,180

5) Superman #14 in restored 8.5 for $3,346 versus a guide price of $3,700 (not too shabby for a restored book)

Now, doesn't that Superman #5 look like an absolute steal to you guys seeing as how it sold for under guide?

I wonder why CLink isn't basing their sales prices on these specific final auction prices instead?

$50,000 for Supes #4 8.0 on Clink?

$75,000 for #10 9.4

etc...

Yesterday, the asking price on the #4 was 15K, and 25K on the #10.

Regarding the #4 and the #10 on ComicLink... Perhaps the owner of those has seen the prices of the #4 and #6 on Heritage and decided to temporarily set some crazy high prices on ComicLink until he has some time to reassess a rough FMV on them (even if it ends up being the same as it was before). Or perhaps the owner is considering a private deal on one of those books and as a courtesy he has temporarily jacked up the price on ComicLink to dissuade other possible bidders while the private deal is being discussed. Just a few possibilities...

As to the sales prices of the #4 and the #6 on Heritage, I don't really have any theories about what might have happened there.

thats silly. clearly the buyer of the Heritage copies were well aware of the other Supermand sitting on well known sites.

Why do you say that? Not everyone checks every comic website all the time.

Superman #6

...sigh...and to think I could have bought the Detroit Trolley copy for only $650.00

Where in the Hell was I?

Based upon the defects, that most certainly does not look like a 5.5 to me!

From the scan, I thought the Action #1 was leaning more towards a 5.5 than a 6.0, and it's certainly a lot better looking than the Detroit Trolley copy of Supes #6.

CK;

Don't know how useful the next Heritage auction is going to be for guaging Superman prices unless it is exactly the same two issues.

Instead of waiting until the next auction, isn't it simply better to look at the results of this exact same auction:

1) Superman #3 in 7.0 for $5,078 versus a guide price of $4,300

2) Superman #5 in 7.0 for only $2,390 versus a guide price of $2,500

3) Superman #10 in 8.0 for 4,182 versus a guide price of $2,048

4) Superman #11 in 8.5 for $3,346 versus a guide price of $2,180

5) Superman #14 in restored 8.5 for $3,346 versus a guide price of $3,700 (not too shabby for a restored book)

Now, doesn't that Superman #5 look like an absolute steal to you guys seeing as how it sold for under guide?

I wonder why CLink isn't basing their sales prices on these specific final auction prices instead?

perfect example, I can say with 100% certainty, that the supes 14 is NOT selling for $3346...that price , while "realized" at auction, is NOT happening (thumbs u

thats silly. clearly the buyer of the Heritage copies were well aware of the other Supermand sitting on well known sites.

well, I said it cause it made sense to me when I said it. There arent that many sites and that many copies currently available.... so why wouldnt two serious collectors, serious enough to buy these 2 books at these prices already know whats out there?

Just as we know whats available on online sites, why shouldnt they?

perfect example, I can say with 100% certainty, that the supes 14 is NOT selling for $3346...that price , while "realized" at auction, is NOT happening (thumbs u

Rick, any way you can elaborate?

I am curious too, did the bidder not realise it was a restored copy and asked to retract their bid?

well, I said it cause it made sense to me when I said it. There arent that many sites and that many copies currently available.... so why wouldnt two serious collectors, serious enough to buy these 2 books at these prices already know whats out there?

Aman, Heritage is one of those sites that I never ever check. There are sites that some people never cruise...

I don't, even for the kind of titles I'm interested in. These days, I never check the "regular" sections of Comiclink, Metro or Pedigree, for instance. And I didn't even check out Pedigree's auction last time.