• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Packages Mailed After Feb 11 New York Area?

17 posts in this topic

I and a few others have had our registered packages go missing from Florida to NYC (from CGC). I was just curious if anyone has received a registered package from CGC mailed after February 11th?

Thanks all

It's missing not slow :( 3+weeks for registered mail is missing
actually, I have had registered mail not move for 27 days before it did finally move again...so, not missing yet...but I don't know the details, and I am sure cgc is on it, right?

and, I heard a stastitic that the PO has had like 10million consecutive registered mailings successfully delivered in a row, without incident...this would truly have to be some bizarre circumstance...

keep us posted

I bought a 5-figure piece of original art that should have arrived here in New York City in mid-February via registered mail - it is still M.I.A. :cry:

The fact that so many of us have packages in limbo actually makes me feel a little better - it sounds like there is a huge system-wide slowdown. One thing is for sure, I will never send anything by registered mail or have anything sent to me by registered mail ever again if I can help it. :mad:

Unfortunately, the only way CGC is willing to ship graded books back to the customer is via Registered Mail. It's the only shipping option you get on their forms. There is no other option.

i wish i had read this thread before i sent out my latest submission

My last package from Florida was shipped on the 16th and I received it 5 days later.

The one prior to that, took almost 3 weeks to arrive.

If it hits a month and still nothing, then I would start to sweat a little.

You can choose Fed Ex as a return option for USA, they give you a whopping insurance value of $100.00 if they lose the package. If you value it at $2500.00 you get $100.00. Boy that sounds like a good deal. :makepoint: If you want registered mail for $2500.00 and its lost, you get $2500.00. From the descriptions I'm getting its slow delivery not lost package.

while anything is possible, I suspect that as far as shipping goes, unlikely anyone on the board ships more than we do (anywhere from 30,000 to 50,000 parcels a year)...so, I consider myself an "expert"...

while it is not the fastest, without question, registered mail is 100% the SAFEST way to ship in the US ... plain and simple..statistically it is not even close if you compare to priority mail, express mail, Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, mule, etc...

now, that said, I don't work for the PO, nor would I care to explain what is happening and why there is a backlog, etc...

but, if I had to chose ONE method to ship the most important item I owned, I would chose registered mail without hesitation

Perhaps they're still celebrating this press release?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Feb. 4, 2009

Media Contact: Joanne Veto

(O) 202-268-3118

© 202-285-2168

joanne.m.veto@usps.gov

Release No. 09-014

Customers Rate U.S. Postal Service on Satisfaction

New Service Standards Raise the Bar, Add Classes of Mail to be Measured

WASHINGTON, D.C. — National on-time performance scores for the delivery of First-Class Mail reached 96 percent and 93 percent of customers gave the U.S. Postal Service highest satisfaction marks as the Postal Service debuted a new, national standards rating process.

For almost 20 years, the Postal Service has contracted with an outside entity to measure First-Class Mail service performance independently and objectively. USPS is the only shipping or mailing company that measures and reports its service and delivery standards.

The fiscal year first quarter, ending Dec. 31, marks the first time the Postal Service is piloting a new ratings system, a system that is tougher on the Postal Service, includes more than 850, three-digit ZIP Codes and, for the first time, includes delivery tests and standards for International mail and the classification of mail that large, commercial mailers routinely use.

“The target is still the same, to measure our successes in on-time mail delivery so we meet the needs of our customers,” said Delores Killette, Postal Service vice president and consumer advocate. “We’ve set some ambitious goals and we will strive to meet those goals as we continue to improve the measurement system.”

The service standards were set in consultation with business and residential customers and the Postal Regulatory Commission, as required by the Postal Act of 2006. The results announced today acknowledge a more competitive business environment and increased customer demands. The results also reflect pressures from costs and the time needed to deliver to 1.2 million new addresses each year.

The benchmarks that will be set will reflect progress that’s been made by the Postal Service in mail preparation, processing and transportation. The fact that more mail is being delivered by ground transportation, and not being transported by air, also will mean longer delivery times in some geographic areas, Killette said.

While some time might be lost in ground transportation, it is more economically and environmentally friendlier than air transport.

“We are committed to providing our customers with the level of service they have come to expect. Our scores remain strong and we’ll continue striving to make them even better,” said Killette.

The first set of service standard scores measured during the pilot test period are:

Customer Satisfaction is 93 percent

Overnight delivery is 96 percent

Two-day delivery service is 92 percent

Three-day delivery service is 86 percent

International (single piece) First Class Mail is 86 percent.

I started a thread concerning the 2/11-2/12 missing registered mail to JFK and the current word on it is possible FBI investigation. Anyone outside of NYC missing their books?

hm

WEBHEAD