• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

I forgot to post this a few months ago. Megacon back in March gave me my first opportunity to have a book signed by Stan the Man. I got a ticket for the event and was told to line up well in advance. It was also my 4 year old twins first comic show. Long story short, I was able to get pushed to the front of the vip line because I had a badge and a table there. Total luck. :) My wife and kids were allowed in the room too and we waited only about 15 minutes....Pretty amazing. I had my old beat up copy of FF #1 signed which I posted earlier in this thread and held up my son to see him sign it too. The first photo is me with the book and the second is Stan about to sign it.

I'm not a big fan of signatures but couldn't pass up the chance. I had him sign it on the bottom of the inside first page, old-school style! :)

SL.jpg

SL2.jpg

Funny thing, when I got the the front of the line I was told I could have TWO things signed. I shrugged and gave them my con badge. Two for the price of one. lol If I had known, I would have brought along an extra book.

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

Perfect!! The great thing about having him sign on the 1st page is you can still sub it and get a blue label, as long as it doesn't have restro of course.

Thank you. I am a lucky guy...boardies have been taking good care of me and pointing me in good directions to find them. I managed to pick up another big key last night!

A Hulk #1 ? hm

I wish. Not yet I am afraid...

Don't keep me in suspense,what! (shrug)

ASM #1. :banana:

Thank you. I am a lucky guy...boardies have been taking good care of me and pointing me in good directions to find them. I managed to pick up another big key last night!

A Hulk #1 ? hm

I wish. Not yet I am afraid...

Don't keep me in suspense,what! (shrug)

ASM #1. :banana:

Nice! :applause:

You Gonna buy that low grade FF1 Forrest?

I did! Mike was open to working out a nice deal on it with me, and it looks like I'll finally be joining this club as well! Of course, I do think I'll be getting some work done on the book down the road so it can be safely handled. However, I DO have a really nice reading copy--a GRR in fact--that some very cool dude sent me :grin:

But yeah, I'm jazzed to finally be adding a copy to my collection. :whee:

You Gonna buy that low grade FF1 Forrest?

I did! Mike was open to working out a nice deal on it with me, and it looks like I'll finally be joining this club as well! Of course, I do think I'll be getting some work done on the book down the road so it can be safely handled. However, I DO have a really nice reading copy--a GRR in fact--that some very cool dude sent me :grin:

But yeah, I'm jazzed to finally be adding a copy to my collection. :whee:

:applause: Congrats dude!

I'm no longer a member of the FF #1 club because I sold mine last spring. I also sold my copy of #2.

The previous owner of the house we bought a few years ago left (on purpose) a cardboard box filled with comics from his youth. Most of them were coverless and all were really beat up as his kids also read them when they were young.

Some of them have been reduced to nothing more than stacks of loose pages.Luckily these two were complete. In poor shape, but complete.

FF1_1.jpg

FF2_1.jpg