• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Well folks, I might not be sitting in the bottom deck, but I should be able to at least be in the nose-bleed seats of the club house with this general admission ticket :wishluck:lol

ffgrr.jpg

ffgrrb.jpg

Many thanks to Mark/Tortoise for hooking me up with one of his copies so I can at least have A copy of Fantastic Four 1 in alongside my books. I'll see about getting a Christmas Tree Pedigree group shot together shortly.

Well folks, I might not be sitting in the bottom deck, but I should be able to at least be in the nose-bleed seats of the club house with this general admission ticket :wishluck:lol

ffgrr.jpg

ffgrrb.jpg

Many thanks to Mark/Tortoise for hooking me up with one of his copies so I can at least have A copy of Fantastic Four 1 in alongside my books. I'll see about getting a Christmas Tree Pedigree group shot together shortly.

:applause:Nice,just wish I could be in this club.

hm

Judges...? Are we really allowing this?

You know, I was rooting for you during the AF 15 hunt, but trying to sneak in to the most cherished SA club of all?

(tsk)

You're better than that, Man.

hm

Judges...? Are we really allowing this?

You know, I was rooting for you during the AF 15 hunt, but trying to sneak in to the most cherish SA club of all?

(tsk)

You're better than that, Man.

lol No, I'm not. Naw, it's going to run me over $700 to get a copy and aside from a Batman 1 or Tec 38, there really aren't any other collectibles out there I'm willing to spend that sort of money on getting.... comic books at least. So, this really is going to be the most I aim for with FF1 at this point--not unless someone wants to sell me a sub-$700 copy that's intact? lol No... I'm calling off the chase for all of the SA Mega-Marvel keys. I have the ones I wanted most plus one or two others that I'll hold on to until the right time.

If not an actual seat in the clubhouse, I'll at least label this issue a "Pay Per View" ticket to the game! :grin:

I just came back from what could be the most expensive trip to Thailand ever having agreed to buy my entry ticket while I was there when I received an e-mail that this book was available.

I wired the funds off today so this copy should soon be winging its way to Hong Kong and allowing me to join the club.

FantasticFour01CGC8OW-W.jpg

It goes without saying that this was obviously my largest comic purchase ever and hopefully will only ever be eclipsed once (with a nice AF 15 8.0 :wishluck:) or my wife might kill me.

The start of the Marvel Age :cloud9:

It leaves me needing just 35 books from my 1961-65 Marvel Project and only 4 more FF (3, 15, 27 and Annual 2).

I just came back from what could be the most expensive trip to Thailand ever having agreed to buy my entry ticket while I was there when I received an e-mail that this book was available.

I wired the funds off today so this copy should soon be winging its way to Hong Kong and allowing me to join the club.

It goes without saying that this was obviously my largest comic purchase ever and hopefully will only ever be eclipsed once (with a nice AF 15 8.0 :wishluck:) or my wife might kill me.

It leaves me needing just 35 books from my 1961-65 Marvel Project and only 4 more FF (3, 15, 27 and Annual 2).

Magnificent copy! (worship)

Magnifcent copy! (worship)

One helluva book! (worship)

Amazing!!!

Congrats David! :applause:

Alot of people, myself included, throw out "monster book" all the time on here when people post nice books. That freaking book you got there though, that is a true MONSTER book! 8.0 FF #1?!? Wow!!! That's mind blowing :ohnoez:

Congrats again man. That is an AMAZING book! (thumbs u

Magnifcent copy! (worship)

One helluva book! (worship)

Your 8.0 grails are simply amazing,another notch in your sig. line. (worship)

WOW! WOW! WOW!.... (better make it four).... and WOW!

That is one beauty of book. Congrats! :applause:

Your 8.0 grails are simply amazing,another notch in your sig. line. (worship)

What I find strange is out of all the Marvel characters I am a Spidey guy and yet of the 12 run starter books pre 1965 the only 2 I do not have are the two Spiderman books. I guess because when I was younger I always viewed a ASM 1 or AF 15 as being unattainable so I still find it hard to pull the trigger on either one.

I am pretty pumped about my FF 1 and thank you all for the nice comments.

Definitely a stunning copy, GRATS! (worship)

I think so. I have seen scans of 6 of the other 8.0's (there are 11 8.0's in the registry and 28 books have graded 8.0+) and 3 of them have Marvel chipping which I can't stand, one is C-OW with a bad miswrap and one has a date stamp which is obvious. The last one I have seen appears as nice as my copy and might present even better as it does not have the bottom left hand corner bump than mine does which is the main detraction along with a tiny corner crease on the bottom right hand corner.