• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

The problem is that he's written software to scrape and gather data from the internet but every once in a while a bad apple well get caught in there and he needs to go in to manually cheque and adjust it.

If you have a legit question about it, I'd just send an email or a PM to George Pantela at GPA and have him look into the specific data point you have a question about.

He's really good at getting back to you, and if there is an error he'll correct it.

(thumbs u

The problem is that he's written software to scrape and gather data from the internet but every once in a while a bad apple well get caught in there and he needs to go in to manually cheque and adjust it.

If you have a legit question about it, I'd just send an email or a PM to George Pantela at GPA and have him look into the specific data point you have a question about.

He's really good at getting back to you, and if there is an error he'll correct it.

(thumbs u

Yup. I let George know a couple weeks ago about an early high grade ASM that was bid way up on eBay by a zero feedback bidder but yet still offered for sale by the same seller a week later and he removed the "non-sale"

Yea, I understand. But a little bit of a hassle when you are a GPA subscriber and need to make a quick decision on how much to sell or buy, a CGC'd book for.

That's what I pay my subscription for. Accuracy and quick access.

But alas. I guess nothing is perfect.

I cannot believe that this thread has laid dormant for over two months!

With countless "club" threads gracing the first page of the Silver Age section with regularity, the Silver Age book that gave birth the Marvel Universe has been relegated to page six. :(

So I felt what better way to bring this thread back from the depths of the forgotten, then to share with all of you...my latest acquisition. :cloud9:

mine1-1.jpg

Big thanks to board-member GAFLASH for helping to make this acquisition possible. :applause:

With countless "club" threads gracing the first page of the Silver Age section with regularity, the Silver Age book that gave birth the Marvel Universe has been relegated to page six. :(

So I felt what better way to bring this thread back from the depths of the forgotten, then to share with all of you...my latest acquisition. :cloud9:

mine1-1.jpg

Big thanks to board-member GAFLASH for helping to make this acquisition possible. :applause:

Congrats on your new found love. <3 :hi:

mine1-1.jpg

Congrats on a nice copy. This thread deserves better than page six.

mine1-1.jpg

Congrats on a nice copy. This thread deserves better than page six.

Wow...six pages deep already.

mine1-1.jpg

Wait a second Batman doesnt apear in that book does he???

:jokealert:

Awesome book

I posted this in another thread, but I suppose it belongs in the FF #1 Club thread as much as any other.

FF1NM.jpg

It is the second highest graded copy ever certified by CGC (there is one 9.6 and three other 9.4's to date).

I found details at the following links.

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=1505

http://itsalljustcomics.com/2010/04/28/fantastic-four-1-cgc-9-4-sells-for-210000/

I was astounded at the final $210K sales price. :o

I may be mistaken, but isn't 227K for a 9.4 CGC copy of AF #15 the all-time Silver Age sales record? (shrug)

While I was a bit surprised that any book outside of AF #15 could come that close to the record, it's hard not to be stunned by the condition of the above posted 9.4 FF #1. (worship)

mine1-1.jpg

Wait a second Batman doesnt apear in that book does he???

:jokealert:

Awesome book

Very nice,one day I'll be a part of this club. :(