• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

FF #1 is one of the greatest books in the history of our hobby. (worship)

I have always considered it a greater book than AF #15. Spidey is just more popular now. FF #1 was always the "must have" book when I was a young Marvel collector.

I have always considered it a greater book than AF #15. Spidey is just more popular now. FF #1 was always the "must have" book when I was a young Marvel collector.

(Cough!) (Cough!) :P

Spidey has always been more popular--not sure there has ever been a time when that wasn't true. Maybe around the AF15 to Spidey 10 timeframe, but I'm not sure even then.

Yeah. ASM and FF were Marvels' two best sellers, but Spidey was always on top except for possibly very early on. In general, the 5 top selling books were ASM, FF, Thor, DD, and Hulk/Avengers (they seem to reverse position from year to year).

Yeah. ASM and FF were Marvels' two best sellers, but Spidey was always on top except for possibly very early on. In general, the 5 top selling books were ASM, FF, Thor, DD, and Hulk/Avengers (they seem to reverse position from year to year).

I would humbly suggest that the run of books from FF 45-78 or so was way superior to the contemporary Spidey tales of the time. Spidey reclaimed the Bronze Age though with the death of Gwen and Gobby, the 1st Punisher, et al, but in the later part of the SA, FF was the superior title. Stan could still write, Jack could still draw, storylines were Cosmic (Surfer, Him, etc)...it was magic, meanwhile, the webslinger was facing off against such memorable villains as the Kangaroo.