• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do you think the Action#1 CGC1.8 will go for in next CC auction??

86 posts in this topic

PQ describes the spectrum seen on a book. If the edges are tan and the center is white, you can get a "tan to white", theoretically. "Cream to off white" does not imply a single quality, but rather a spectrum.

ahhhhh, I see

That being said, this copy is not pretty and has iffy paper. If the copy on Clink (much much greater appeal) brought $80K, then I'd put this one at $60-70K.

Dan is always right, so I go with his prediction also

Where were you when I started the Action 1 6.0 price thread?

yeah, but he posted his response after I posted mine, so he probably just copied me in his more educated voice :baiting:

I know better than to copy a florida fan. :sumo:

Although since you went to UF, that makes us all have a "more educated" voice (zing!) :headbang:

if the edges are light tan, and then the books gets progressively better, as in the middle of the book is ow, then you note it as such...lt tan to ow...

Why do we only see "brittle" or "slightly brittle" from CGC .. what about "brittle to OW" ?? :devil:

we have long discussed that same thing... I have had an otherwise Ow paged book that was just slightly brittle at the spine on a few wraps... I would like to see a better notation used by cgc on Pq , especially when it comes to degrees (like you can have a book that is slightly brittle on all corners, versus one that is only slightly brittle on one wrap)... falls into the slight, vs Mod vs Ext "catch all" notation too

That should be done. CGC removed letter grades because they supposedly hurt sales. The "slightly brittle" notation hurts sales as well. This should be clarified on the label.

if the edges are light tan, and then the books gets progressively better, as in the middle of the book is ow, then you note it as such...lt tan to ow...

Why do we only see "brittle" or "slightly brittle" from CGC .. what about "brittle to OW" ?? :devil:

we have long discussed that same thing... I have had an otherwise Ow paged book that was just slightly brittle at the spine on a few wraps... I would like to see a better notation used by cgc on Pq , especially when it comes to degrees (like you can have a book that is slightly brittle on all corners, versus one that is only slightly brittle on one wrap)... falls into the slight, vs Mod vs Ext "catch all" notation too

That should be done. CGC removed letter grades because they supposedly hurt sales. The "slightly brittle" notation hurts sales as well. This should be clarified on the label.

I agree...like tan/ow with small slightly brittle area on wrap 2-4, or something along those lines

75 to 80k in this environment.

And I thought that my guess may have been low. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a bit higher than that (hence my estimate), even in this environment, because at 1.8, it will be accessible to a wider audience, and a lot of collectors just want to own a copy, and this may be the only grade they have a shot all...

Of course I just wanted to get a guess in before Gator comes here and "tells us" how much it will sell for (he's usually pretty good at guessing these things!).

lol I might keep quiet on this one

It will go for Gator+$200!!!

And I thought that my guess may have been low. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a bit higher than that (hence my estimate), even in this environment, because at 1.8, it will be accessible to a wider audience, and a lot of collectors just want to own a copy, and this may be the only grade they have a shot all...

Of course I just wanted to get a guess in before Gator comes here and "tells us" how much it will sell for (he's usually pretty good at guessing these things!).

if that wasn't so funny, it would be funny lol

. lollollol

I'm stupid. I was looking on comicconnect. Thanks fish. (thumbs u

looks like CGC hit the nail on the head with the 1.8 ( Good- ) grade.....right on the head. Nothing really to debate on this one. ^^

doh!

Just when I thought we might get a break from Action 1 prediction threads.....

What else were you planning to do over the next month or so, take part in real life stuff ?? :baiting:

No doubt, but I was actually hoping to read something here about comics other than price guessing on Action 1 threads.

There are other comics besides Action 1????:o

Need to find me some of them. hm

PQ describes the spectrum seen on a book. If the edges are tan and the center is white, you can get a "tan to white", theoretically. "Cream to off white" does not imply a single quality, but rather a spectrum.

CGC has seen comics with White and Off-white pages but, to my knowledge, they have not seen a Cream or Lt Tan paged comic. Nor a Lt Tan to Cream.

CGC has seen comics with White and Off-white pages but, to my knowledge, they have not seen a Cream or Lt Tan paged comic. Nor a Lt Tan to Cream.

I would imagine most of those are brittle/slightly brittle. I would imagine that most books stay "off-white" (at least CGC's definition of OW) in the center of pages. And those that don't have degraded to the point that they're a little brittle.

Is it possible that CGC simply no longer likes to put the words "brittle" on the label anymore, as this is seen as a death knell for the book. Maybe they just downgrade severly for this defect even though the book may otherwise look very sharp and leave it at that. (shrug)

there are several books out there designated as just "cream" or just Tan....here is an example of each (I have others , but figure 1 is enough)

det1.7731a.jpg

det1.7730a.jpg