• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

If anyone is bidding on the Crow 1 Second Print CGC 9.6 that is on Ebay currently, please be careful.

The Crow 1 2nd print CGC 9.6

This same seller had a buyer account before (c.knupp), won this book from me, and then tried to claim:

1. She never received the book.

2. She never authorized the payment.

Not long after, her account was shut down and the chargeback she attempted was rejected by Ebay/PayPal. She is now back under a new account, same city/state, selling this book and other items.

I have already called Ebay and notified them, which an inexperienced rep made the mistake of confirming the name and address from the old account. This seller and her account have been reported.

I know what I'd do if I were you.... :devil:

Gotta bump one of my favorite threads.

A gift from a very kind forumite I knew had great potential.

:cloud9:

Crow3_98a.jpg

Thanks to the mystery kind board member. (worship)

Wonder who it could be?

hm

Finished my Crow set - pretty happy with how the books turned out ...

crow-1-cgc-9.8-ss-f-m.jpgcrow-2-cgc-9.8-ss-f-m.jpgcrow-3-cgc-9.8-ss-f-m.jpgcrow-4-cgc-9.8-ss-f-m.jpg

caliber-presents-1-cgc-9.8-ss-f-m.jpgcaliber-presents-15-cgc-9.8-ss-f-m.jpgcaliber-christmas-1-cgc-9.8-ss-copyd-f-m.jpg

:applause:

And I've got that Death Rattle SS 9.8 for you, that you are missing. (thumbs u

And I've got that Death Rattle SS 9.8 for you, that you are missing. (thumbs u

Just make sure you hold on to that A Caliber Christmas CGC 9.6 someone submitted for grading and then sent to you as a present. I hear it was a beauty.

I'm still trying to track down a set of Crow Caliber books after getting rid of them about 14 years ago. However, I did manage to pick up a nice sketch by O'Barr awhile back:

6256499508_c6f0caf67b.jpg

I'm thinking that perhaps the visitors to this thread may appreciate a neat piece of original art I picked up a while back. It's not The Crow... it predates The Crow by quite a bit. Although I've always wanted a Crow page and never found one that had the right combination of eye appeal and affordability for me, I did manage to acquire a couple really early O'Barr submission pieces.

ObarrBarbarianSketch.jpg

I picked up this piece along with another one, which O'Barr had sent to California Comics in the 70's, hoping to be hired as a comic book artist. Back in the 90's I was lucky to have found this piece, along with a companion piece and O'Barr's original handwritten letter and postmarked envelope from the submission.