• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

What's so funny about this is that most people know that comic book artists have the responsibility level of a dead snail and would die of a heart attack at a *real* job, yet the fanboys continue to throw money at them.

And yes, what Bill S did was uncalled for, as is what Golden pulled, but we all know these "artistes" have the brain stem of a beadpan and the ethics of a Mafia kingpin, so break the cycle of abuse and DO NOT SEND THESE TOOLS ANY MORE MONEY!!!

It appears you are right about this, in regard to some of the current crop of artists, JC.

But from all I've read and heard about the "old school" guys, that was not the case. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why so many fans called Kirby the King, because he treated his fans like they were kings.

It's just a matter of time before Bill sees the thread and removes it. Enjoy it while it lasts. Although, if all of the comments bear the guise of favorable replies ("Hell of a sketch, there, Bill!"), wouldn't removing it be a tacit admission that he knows it's not a piece he wants associated with him?

It's just a matter of time before Bill sees the thread and removes it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Considering it started in early-2009, I assume it'll be here for a little while longer.

Translation: Bill S doesn't give a rat's behind what anyone thinks, as evidenced by the reprehensible sketch and his treatment of paying customers and fans.

What's so funny about this is that most people know that comic book artists have the responsibility level of a dead snail and would die of a heart attack at a *real* job, yet the fanboys continue to throw money at them.

And yes, what Bill S did was uncalled for, as is what Golden pulled, but we all know these "artistes" have the brain stem of a bedpan and the ethics of a Mafia kingpin, so break the cycle of abuse and DO NOT SEND THESE TOOLS ANY MORE MONEY!!!

With all due respect to the people who do collect original sketches and purchase commissioned work...........

You NAILED it JC !!! :applause:

(thumbs u

Bump

And yes, what Bill S did was uncalled for, as is what Golden pulled, but we all know these "artistes" have the brain stem of a bedpan and the ethics of a Mafia kingpin, so break the cycle of abuse and DO NOT SEND THESE TOOLS ANY MORE MONEY!!!

With all due respect to the people who do collect original sketches and purchase commissioned work...........

You NAILED it JC !!! :applause:

(thumbs u

Bump

+1

It's just a matter of time before Bill sees the thread and removes it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Considering it started in early-2009, I assume it'll be here for a little while longer.

Translation: Bill S doesn't give a rat's behind what anyone thinks, as evidenced by the reprehensible sketch and his treatment of paying customers and fans.

I mean, it's a matter of time before he removes my facebook thread on his page. I posted that on his facebook just a few days ago.

that is so awesome,shove it in his face.We should make T-shirts with the image and all of the board members wear it at cons.Every con he's at he'll see it. :roflmao:

I want my hundred dollars. :eek:

johnny05.jpg

Awesome!!!! BETTER OFF DEAD!!!!!

Wow, I just read through all of these posts. I remember he came up to Toronto 5-6 years ago, and someone warned me that he takes forever to do sketches, so I backed off not wanting to tie my money up for a year (or longer).

I have been burned by a couple of artists, so I feel your pain. However, you should feel good that you have gotten the word out to others about him, and you have most likely saved others from a similar situation. At least there is that positive to look at.

Wow, I just read through all of these posts. I remember he came up to Toronto 5-6 years ago, and someone warned me that he takes forever to do sketches, so I backed off not wanting to tie my money up for a year (or longer).

I have been burned by a couple of artists, so I feel your pain. However, you should feel good that you have gotten the word out to others about him, and you have most likely saved others from a similar situation. At least there is that positive to look at.

Plus, if you know someone who likes hidden dong pictures, then they will enjoy this one probably...so there's that too. :insane:

Hello everyone. I want to give you fine folks an update on this story. I will not go into minute detail at this time, but I will say that Bill has come through in a heart-felt effort to make things right. We have been in contact by phone and email, many, many times the past month and a half. With that said, in a spirit of forgiveness and a new year, Bill and I have been working together to put this chapter behind us and to move forward as friends. I feel that Bill is very sincere about this.

With that said, Bill sent me a scan of the new sketch last night. Once it is in hand, I will be more than happy to post a scan of it. I will say this about the sketch, I personally think he knocked it out of the park.

Scott

Hello everyone. I want to give you fine folks an update on this story. I will not go into minute detail at this time, but I will say that Bill has come through in a heart-felt effort to make things right. We have been in contact by phone and email, many, many times the past month and a half. With that said, in a spirit of forgiveness and a new year, Bill and I have been working together to put this chapter behind us and to move forwards as friends. I feel that Bill is very sincere about this.

With that said, Bill sent me a scan of the new sketch last night. Once it is in hand, I will be more than happy to post a scan of it. I will say this about the sketch, I personally think he knocked it out of the park.

Scott

:applause: (thumbs u

Hello everyone. I want to give you fine folks an update on this story. I will not go into minute detail at this time, but I will say that Bill has come through in a heart-felt effort to make things right. We have been in contact by phone and email, many, many times the past month and a half. With that said, in a spirit of forgiveness and a new year, Bill and I have been working together to put this chapter behind us and to move forward as friends. I feel that Bill is very sincere about this.

Scott

:headbang:

Glad this has worked out.