• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

I just don't get it. This kind of stuff pays his rent given that he's hardly doing any work for comics nowadays (and at $100 a pop, his con sketches pay, per hour, MUCH better than any work he does for comics nowadays where an editor will tell him to do it over if he hands in krap (seriously, this guy was never a star, just a name and 20+ years later people decided his covers were kindah artistic and quirky)).

I just don't get it. This kind of stuff pays his rent given that he's hardly doing any work for comics nowadays (and at $100 a pop, his con sketches pay, per hour, MUCH better than any work he does for comics nowadays where an editor will tell him to do it over if he hands in krap (seriously, this guy was never a star, just a name and 20+ years later people decided his covers were kindah artistic and quirky)).

Classic example of spiting your nose to cut off your (ahem) face (benis). It's not like this fanboy waited 3 minutes and got frustrated. He waited 3 YEARS... and paid cold hard cash that could have bought pizza and sprites 9X over.

Dan

Pretty obvious that Bill doesn't care what any of us think of him.

Too talented, too rich, too special, too selfish.

Bill will ignore this thread just as he ignores the fans who buy his mess.

For the record I love his work on Fantastic Four and own one original

page from the run. Now I gotta draw a peniis' into each panel. :cry:

Have you ever met Bill? It's not that he doesn't care; it's that his ADD won't let him focus long enough to understand the problem.

Honestly, the guy is very nice and I've never seen him be a dick to anyone. However, I have seen him blow off people because he forgot they were standing right in front of him after something else caught his attention (no kidding).

I've said all along, if you like the guys work and want a sketch from him don't give him money you wouldn't be willing to set on fire. When I got my sketch from him in SD this year I intentionally offered him 1/3 less than the guy on the list in front of me because I knew there was a big risk of not getting anything at the show. Fortunately for me what I asked for piqued his interest so he did it that day. At the end of the show there were still people ahead of me on the list waiting.

I've neved met Bill. Like his art and loved his work on my favorite book, FF.

He may be very nice to some but this isn't a case of blowing,

pun not intended, someone off or forgetting he is there. This

looks like a deliberate insult to someone who did nothing more

than pay for a commission and get frustrated with zero progress

for 3 years.

I can see how having ADD might impact Bill's ability to

remember or commit to a commission but insulting a fan who appears

to be reasonable is pure rude. It appears that Bill is calling the fan a diickhead and that has nothing to do with ADD.

Have you ever met Bill? It's not that he doesn't care; it's that his ADD won't let him focus long enough to understand the problem.

Honestly, the guy is very nice and I've never seen him be a dick to anyone. However, I have seen him blow off people because he forgot they were standing right in front of him after something else caught his attention (no kidding).

I've said all along, if you like the guys work and want a sketch from him don't give him money you wouldn't be willing to set on fire. When I got my sketch from him in SD this year I intentionally offered him 1/3 less than the guy on the list in front of me because I knew there was a big risk of not getting anything at the show. Fortunately for me what I asked for piqued his interest so he did it that day. At the end of the show there were still people ahead of me on the list waiting.

for 3 years.

to be reasonable is pure rude. It appears that Bill is calling the fan a diickhead and that has nothing to do with ADD.

doh!

I wonder how long it will take for this thread to be the OP's fault and we'll just agree that B.S. is a good guy with ADD and us folks who like art are jerks...

Dan

doh! doh!

Learn to read, guys. That's not what I said.

for 3 years.

doh!

I wonder how long it will take for this thread to be the OP's fault and we'll just agree that B.S. is a good guy with ADD and us folks who like art are jerks...

Dan

doh! doh!

Learn to read, guys. That's not what I said.

I guess everyone has reading comprehension problems?

Guys, for the record, SG told me to expect a possible problem receiving my sketch later that evening at our CGC Forum Dinner. I paid for my sketch early in the morning and was told later that night that not all of the sketches are completed in a timely manner. Too late by that time as I was not attending the con the following day. People can say anything they want, but here are the facts.

Nov. 2007. I paid for the sketch in good faith. Gave my phone number and he gave me his email address.

I waited months before contacting him. I was polite and not hostile. He asked me what the sketch was of. He said he would get right to it. I supplied my mailing address to him. The sketch never arrived.

Waited a few more months and emailed him again. No responses. I emailed his agent, Eric Knight, and politely asked for help in either getting my money back or the sketch I asked for. He replied the first time or two, but stopped answering after that.

April, 2007. I start this thread in the hopes that something might happen if it is brought to light. I receive a terse phone message from Bill as the thread has been brought to his attention by Eric. I call Bill the next day and we clear the air. I told him what I would like the sketch to be, Orion of the New Gods. He had my number and said he would take care of it.

I had given up on it by November, 2010n but he is announced as a guest at the Austin Comic-Con. I approach him on Saturday, shake his hand and tell him who I am. I tell him that I held no hard feelings and simply still wanted my sketch. I told him to do what he wanted to do in the horror genre as that is my main collecting interest. He said ok and asked if I was going to be at the show on Sunday. I told him yes, shook his hand and said I would see him the next day.

Sunday morning, while I was at the park with my daughters, I sent Bill two texts to the number I had for him,stating that I would be at the show early in the afternoon for the sole purpose of collecting the sketch and was hoping that it would be done. I did not receive a response. I arrived at the con, went to his table, where he then presented the sketch. I was not pleased, but did not voice this to him. He signed it in front of me, with a smirk that now makes a ton of sense, shook my hand, and I left.

It was not until later when I posted the sketch on here asking folks what they thought that the in the artwork was mentioned. I was honestly floored and felt like a total fool. I did nothing to deserve such treatment. I was polite, patient, and more than understanding, and for this I was made fun of and ridiculed with the aid of his so-called artwork. It was a cowardly and low thing to do and he knows it. I dare anyone to tell me that I was in the wrong.