• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Calling it merely a "sketch" is not doing it justice. :applause:

I agree Jeff. That is why I keep referring to it as a "piece". It is almost a finished piece in my opinion. It is definitely not a sketch as Bill spent alot of time on it. Like I said, even my wife was impressed...and that is a hard thing to do with a page of funny book art. :insane:

Ok....I worked on some of my scanner settings.....and blew up the head. :)

This is a better representation of that one area at least.

CSS3.jpg

WOW! Now that is just awesome!

Real glad this worked out for you. I meet Bill a long time ago and he was very nice and did a nice sketch for me.

I asked him how to pronounce his name and he said "Bill".................. :)

You have a real keeper there to be proud of!

I am really glad from your pictures that this actually has more of Bill's look than I thought it did. This is NOT a sketch, it is pretty damned near finished and really a lot of Bill's final work looks a little rough because that's just his style.. He did a good job to go above and beyond to make up for the previous 3 years and last product delivered (I won't go into detail about why this happened since you are trying to put this behind you and it's been discussed to no end).

That was an awesome story. Glad you got that MOST BEAUTIFUL cover recreation in the end! (thumbs u I actually met Bill back in 1986 and he was pretty cool. Autographed the entire Elektra Assassin miniseries for me. But to tell you the truth, his talents have seriously upgraded from his drawings back then!

Ok....I worked on some of my scanner settings.....and blew up the head. :)

This is a better representation of that one area at least.

CSS3.jpg

So glad to see this end the way it did. Congrats

Real glad this worked out for you. I meet Bill a long time ago and he was very nice and did a nice sketch for me.

I asked him how to pronounce his name and he said "Bill".................. :)

You have a real keeper there to be proud of!

I appreciate the kind words. It is most definitely a keeper. I have some nice books in my collection, but I think this sketch is the nicest thing that I own. It is amazing to see in person.