• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2023 at 12:33 AM, Drgoldage said:

Hercules saves FDR at the last moment still resisting encapsulating this one some day though 

image.jpg

On 6/14/2023 at 2:08 AM, Primetime said:

Here’s my copy which I purchased from Harley in 2017.  I have no desire to slab it. 

The train operator does it for me. Typical Schomburg looking crowds and police in the background like on Marvel Mystery 9.

IMG_1363.jpeg

It's SUPER COOL the way each of your copies has a different color month overprint and cover-up block! It's hard to remember, but I think I've seen more of the silver overprint. GREAT books!!!  :banana:

Never noticed the difference on the color month overprint till now , thank you for pointing out on the Mystic 4. I’ve never encapsulated anything at this point but more than a few point out that I’m old and bound not to live forever want to make it easy for the family someday 

On 6/14/2023 at 8:33 AM, Drgoldage said:

Never noticed the difference on the color month overprint till now , thank you for pointing out on the Mystic 4. I’ve never encapsulated anything at this point but more than a few point out that I’m old and bound not to live forever want to make it easy for the family someday 

There are a few Timely issues that have that kind of overprint. Oscar #3 comes to mind as well. I don't think I own this copy anymore, but you can see the overprint under the "O" in Oscar.

oscar 3.JPG

On 6/14/2023 at 8:39 AM, Frisco Larson said:

There are a few Timely issues that have that kind of overprint. Oscar #3 comes to mind as well. I don't think I own this copy anymore, but you can see the overprint under the "O" in Oscar.

oscar 3.JPG

That boy is going to look like The Rifleman cover in a minute! 😲

On 6/14/2023 at 5:30 PM, plady69 said:

That boy is going to look like The Rifleman cover in a minute! 😲

...but looks like he had a major falling out with his friends! :grin:

:cheers:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Ale added!

On 6/24/2023 at 1:49 AM, Primetime said:

This landed in my lap last week. First time owning this one after all these years. I am really happy with it ☺️❣️

It makes this newsstand photo from 1941 more enjoyable. It could be the same copy in the photo 😃

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_6001.jpeg

Absolutely crushing this Timely thread lately bro!! Well done brother!!

On 6/24/2023 at 12:49 AM, Primetime said:

This landed in my lap last week. First time owning this one after all these years. I am really happy with it ☺️❣️

It makes this newsstand photo from 1941 more enjoyable. It could be the same copy in the photo 😃

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_6001.jpeg

Congratulations Ben!!! That's a whopper to add to the boxes!!!  :applause:

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_6001.jpeg

Sweet mother of mercy (worship) 

Congrats!  If a beater, restored copy falls into your lap, let me know!

On 6/23/2023 at 10:49 PM, Primetime said:

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_6001.jpeg

Great looking copy for the grade, that's a keeper. 

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_6001.jpeg

Whew! Congrats on this book! Definitely a keeper.:applause: