• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,076 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, Terry JSA said:

Picked this up at HeroesCon ‘23. Plus it’s my first Timely as well. :x

FD58943A-8F32-4FE1-B9DC-8DD677928A60.thumb.jpeg.028be2e99b6b3a493f2d64eef93884c4.jpeg

That is a great Timely and one of the very first I fell in love with! :luhv:

I'm pretty happy with my All Select Comics but I would really like to find an upgrade for the #8.

On 6/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, Terry JSA said:

Picked this up at HeroesCon ‘23. Plus it’s my first Timely as well. :x

FD58943A-8F32-4FE1-B9DC-8DD677928A60.thumb.jpeg.028be2e99b6b3a493f2d64eef93884c4.jpeg

Super kewl Schomburg (very 3D looking); ...has all the flavor and intensity of a WWII cover. In fact, he might've even revised some of the minions to transition from Nazi Germany as war drew to a close. (thumbsu

On 7/7/2023 at 11:49 PM, Frisco Larson said:

In my opinion, one of Schomburg's best covers in the Cap run!!! In the top 5 best of his in that run for me!

I'd concur. There are several Schomburg Cap covers that live up to the "classic" designation; this is certainly in that pantheon. The depth and distance perspective on this one is especially well done.  (thumbsu

On 7/7/2023 at 11:34 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

I'd concur. There are several Schomburg Cap covers that live up to the "classic" designation; this is certainly in that pantheon. The depth and distance perspective on this one is especially well done.  (thumbsu

There's just so much to love here! Cap being all dynamic, on a chain that goes through the logo and ends up who KNOWS where! The Nazi alien! Shards of glass flying everywhere! Bucky's look of abject horror! The Nazi dying mid-cover from...something... The other Nazi throwing the spear! (like...what the...?)

Big smiles all around.

I've heard complaints over the years that some think Schomburg's covers all look the same. While I don't agree with that, I will concede that once the Timely books become smaller in width, many of the covers have more of a similar look to them. I much prefer the half dozen or so BIG FAT Timely covers Schomburg did in the Cap run, which is why some of those are the ones I held on to at a time I needed to liquidate comics to take care of life situations. In my opinion, this 4-issue consecutive block is pretty hard to beat! 

Captain America Comics 26.jpg