• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Its kind of a hooky day today ... this arrived yesterday, so I had to read a few stories this morning! Point Five got me excited about posting some interior shots ...

the Moon-Man story by Guardineer is really beautifully rendered, and the Blazing Skull story by Bob Davis is VERY cool. They both have really appealing styles.

Great Timely ... lots of obscure characters by classic artists! Enjoy!!

MYST5_coverPOST.jpg[/img]

MYST5_BWsplashPOST.jpg[/img]

MYST5_blazing1POST.jpg[/img]

MYST5_blazing2POST.jpg[/img]

MYST5_moonmanPOST.jpg[/img]

Thanks Steve!! (courtesy of Richard Muchin/Tomorrow's Treasures) There is some minor resto work, nice pages, very solid feeling. Good price too.

Its one of those books that is fun cover to cover!! I can only imagine what Marnin's copy is like ...

Its kind of a hooky day today ... this arrived yesterday, so I had to read a few stories this morning! Point Five got me excited about posting some interior shots ...

the Moon-Man story by Guardineer is really beautifully rendered, and the Blazing Skull story by Bob Davis is VERY cool. They both have really appealing styles.

Great Timely ... lots of obscure characters by classic artists! Enjoy!!

MYST5_coverPOST.jpg[/img]

:cloud9:

Thanks folks! Glad to share it with an appreciative audience.

That Blazing Skull story is the main reason i bought it!! For those of you who don't know the work of Bob Davis (artist on the Blazing Skull), he also did the Cole strip in the early issues of BLUE BOLT. He's got a nice clean style and really packs the page with details. I am partial to his pages with the four tier panel division, vs. the usual three tier. The page looks like its made up of tiny postage stamp panels!

I think he did work on some of the later Daredevil vs. The Claw stories too, after Cole. Maybe one of the vets can confirm this, or better yet, supply a few interior shots!

Great book Ryan!

The interesting thing to me is the cover. Mystic is one of my favorite runs. And Mystic 5 has the worst cover of the run. Think about that. That cover is very cool! And yet it is the least cool cover on Mystic. Just goes to show how great that run is!

And thanks for posting the interior scans!

Thanks Richard!! This cover, though stiff and kind of crude, has always held a weird appeal to me ... i think its the fact the logo is on black!!

And, I totally forgot to say HUGE THANKS goes out to Point Five, who unselfishly pointed this book out to me on ebay when I mentioned I was looking for this particular issue (even though he too is also after MYSTICs!). The rest is history. So ...

Thanks Jon!!! :hi::headbang::cloud9::applause::takeit: and :banana:

Cool book Ryan! Thanks for the xtra shots of the interior. That Skull guy reminds me of a Ghost Rider prototype lol
2124058237_7d4c9b1ea3_b.jpg

This guy reminds me of Ghost Rider too. Or maybe it is just the name. He also does a good imitation of Bruce Wayne.

bb