• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,095 posts in this topic

Well, I was going to post this but it seems a little sub par compared to that last display.

Oh well...I like it. :cloud9:

MarvelMysteryComics126_5R.jpg

That book is great, Roy! One of my favorites of the run. (thumbs u You done good.

A Rockford Timely with that kind of page quality definitely deserves another look. :applause:

The Rockfords usually aren't so nice page quality wise, but a few lucked out somehow.

in all seriousness, richard's collection of timelys is stunning... sure, there are MH copies in JVerzyl collection, but that was kind of a "all in one shot deal"... the amazing part of bedrock's run is that he has pieced together copies that are in INCREDIBLE condition, over time, and from his myriad of sources... no small feat at all (heck, it is tough enough to find low grade or restored copies)...

so, mr highgrade timely bedrock, let me dispense with the sarcasm and add my CONGRATUATIONS to your continued incredible collection

oh, and one of these for good measure:

gatorheadanimate0xv1gv-11.gif

Thank you, Rick. That means a lot coming from a very good friend.

I'm getting all weepy now! :blush:

Thank you, Rick. That means a lot coming from a very good friend.

I'm getting all weepy now! :blush:

I know, seeing that great Gator chomping makes me cry a bit too :)

in all seriousness, richard's collection of timelys is stunning... sure, there are MH copies in JVerzyl collection, but that was kind of a "all in one shot deal"... the amazing part of bedrock's run is that he has pieced together copies that are in INCREDIBLE condition, over time, and from his myriad of sources... no small feat at all (heck, it is tough enough to find low grade or restored copies)...

so, mr highgrade timely bedrock, let me dispense with the sarcasm and add my CONGRATUATIONS to your continued incredible collection

No doubt about it....Mr. B is building a collection for the ages! We mortals can learn alot from Richard's patience, discriminating eye and great passion for this hobby. Congrats again! :applause:

I'd consider it my HOME RUN lifetime collecting goal to build a GA collection half Mr. B's size....in humble 6.0 grades! (worship)

GE

I emulate Mr Bedrock's approach to buying HG issues and holding onto them over the long term.. He has indeed built one amazing collection of books, and, in 10 years, I hope to have a collection equally worth of such praise. (thumbs u

cap34.jpg

here's what that non-pedigree, non-white pages p.o.s. COULD have looked like.

gorgeous books Ricky; i remember each and every one from their raw state. two i recognize lost at least 1/4 grade from my frenzied thumbing-up alone over the years. and i washed my hands first, unlike those uncouth northern geeks.

cap34.jpg

Well, I was going to post this but it seems a little sub par compared to that last display.

don't feel bad posting that gem; Bedrock doesn't even have one of those.

don't feel bad posting that gem; Bedrock doesn't even have one of those.

Really? Now that is a feat I should be proud of!

R.