• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Hey Timely!

Can you recommend a good book which covers Alex Schomburg? For some reason, he's either never mentioned or completely not mentioned in others such as "The Comic Book Makers" or "Tales to Astonish"! 893frustrated.gif

I'd really like to read about the man and his work. Any suggestions? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, a book called "Chroma". I've seen it on ebay many times, also check amazon.com

West

"Chroma" is phenominal. It's even got me hunting down Schomburg magazine covers now. Be patient and buy it through eBay... Amazon only has it used and their sellers want too much.

This arrived in today's mail - now I'll have to buy a #19. I don't think this is as scarce as Overstreet says, as there are 17 copies in the census, although the OPG definition of scarce is 20-100 copies existant. Any guesses, on average, as to what percentage of GA Timelys are in the census?

574229-aw21.jpg

574229-aw21.jpg.537df0bec8bc7622b006d5564e9a2a2f.jpg

Love the All Winners ,gotta get a # 19 , great books , a buddy of mine years ago had a # 19 in a fine or better!! Again Congrats!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's one of my favorite Timely's in my collection!!

scan0001.jpg

Punyhuman,

Great cover on the Marvel Mystery 29 - I like to buy the war covers from 1944-1945, mostly because they're pretty cheap as Timelys go - but the some of the covers in the 20s are very cool! Eventually, I'll be looking for them as well.

Speaking of Shores, he drew one of my all time favorite Pre-Code Horror covers, Marvel Tales 96. With compliments to Poverty Row for supplying this scan on his website:

MT96.jpg

Yo guys, sorry about my post up above ,not my 2nd post ,my 1st!!! there should be a Marvel Comics # 29 ,but I erased it by accident on my computer & posted Amazing Mystery Funnies , instead!! 893frustrated.gif : Oh Well !! I never said, I was computer smart , I try!!! grin.gif

While I have shown this in other thread's it just came in the mail today from our friends at Metropolis and I have always wanted to join the party.

MMC13.jpg

No as high grade as your beauties but it is in one piece and in solid condition. I love the smell of that old newsprint. cloud9.gif

Edited by Silver Surfer