• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

How many books do I have?? About 50/70.

My interests are constantly changing so I probably bought and sold 100's of Golden Age CGC graded comics in the past couple of years. Quite often, I will sell books to fund my new buys. You have basically seen most of my Timely's except for a few issues. Anyway, here is a picture of a book I sold last year.

allwinners1vgpcgc.jpg

Stronguy, that Cap #18 brings back memories - when I was about 13, circa 1972, I bought that issue in what was probably G/VG from an ad in the CBG for $18 ( more than a weeks paper route earnings!), I remember it had a splotch of silver paint on the BC. I sold it a couple of years later for $35. I hate to think of what it would sell for now, even in low grade. If I were more sentimental I'd probably buy it from you - it is a great cover! If I remember correctly, it contains a story where Cap & Bucky drop into Japan to destroy a supergun capable of firing shells into the U.S., and has panels of young Bucky gleefully shooting down Japs with a machine gun.

I don't have any Timely's to share, but I do want to share my appreciation for everyone who's shared theirs. I also want to share my jealousy! smile.gif You guys have some sweeeeet books. I sure wish I could afford to get them all.

Comichut,

I can tell you how to post the scans in your thread rather than as an attachment if you'd like? Send me a PM if your interested as I had to get a board member to show me how to do it after I had already made 700+ posts. makepoint.gif And if I haven't said it already, Welcome to the Boards.

It's taken this Silver Age guy over a year of posting on the boards to make his way over for a close examination of the threads in Golden Age. I think....I'm falling in love! Great Books! What history! I love how politically current the books were back then. You don't see that now, unless I missed the Ultimate FF capturing Bin Laden.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Hook it didn't take me quite as long to jump on the GA bandwagon but after viewing these threads, half of my recent purchases have been GA. I love flipping through what few books I have as it does reflect a rather neat timeline through history. Early Marvel Mystery covers with Nazi references, then the Human Torch Japanese battles, and on to the Atlas Sub-Mariner books in the 50's and Commie smashing was all the rage, just great stuff. For me it gives me an even greater appreciation for the first SA appearances of Captain America and the Sub-Mariner in the early 60's. I don't think Stan could have done a better job of writing these guys back into Marvel history.

jkrk - that MM looks nicer than a 6.0. great cover - That's the only S&K cover in the run, right?

comichut - nice to see so many raw HG Timely's - not that there is anything wrong with slabbing HG GA, but it's nice to know there are still raw books out there that look that nice.