• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

MMC #26 has always been a collecting mystery. Some sources say Schomburg some sources say Everett. The airplane is definately Schomburg, but the Sub-mariner looks like he could be penciled by Everett. Perhaps both contributed to this cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

West

MMC #26 has always been a collecting mystery. Some sources say Schomburg some sources say Everett. The airplane is definately Schomburg, but the Sub-mariner looks like he could be penciled by Everett. Perhaps both contributed to this cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

West

Kirby and Ditko did that on the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #10, so that sort of thing definitely happened from time to time. confused-smiley-013.gif

West

What does Steve say to put on the label?

West

What does Steve say to put on the label?

"Schomburg cover".

West

Just picked up a book that details 50 years of Marvel Comics and they have a few reprinted pages of early Sub-Mariner stuff in color and I must say that Everett's art is fantastic. He can depict a scene like a fog filled dock and you feel like you are actually in the moment. Outstanding. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I was doing some hard drive clean up and found this scan. I still have the book somewhere in all of my comic mess...

Take note: It's not the scan that's blurry. That's just how far off the color register is on the cover. 893whatthe.gif

CaptainAmericaComics_65.jpg

I've seen that cover in Gerber, but never read the dialog before. Cap's line is priceless, especially if you imagine him doing it in an Edward G. Robinson voice. One of these days I'll have to find me a copy.

I've seen that cover in Gerber, but never read the dialog before. Cap's line is priceless, especially if you imagine him doing it in an Edward G. Robinson voice. One of these days I'll have to find me a copy.

Now why wasn't Batman smart enough to do that? foreheadslap.gif

Just got this Wednesday at the Con. It's a restored,...but what the heck, it is what it is! dmc2.jpgdevil.gif

Daring Mystery Comics # 2.

Edited by FUELMAN

Because he was gay? stooges.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif Bruce Wayne is going to hire Matt Murdock and own your surf board when this is all over!

27_laughing.gif That is too funny! Good one! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif Bruce Wayne is going to hire Matt Murdock and own your surf board when this is all over!

Not that there is anything wrong with that! 27_laughing.gif

Looks you have the same idea I have, I never saw Schomburg drawing the submariner this way, but Everett does especialy on the face details.

Well another nice cover laugh.gif

MMC21.jpg

I want a Nazis Submerging Fortress of my own!

You just GOTTA love that cover! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif