• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

I'm a little embarassed to admit that this is currently the only Timely in my collection. I sure would love to have more, but they are generally out of my price range:

mm_57.jpg

Low grade, for sure, but still one of my favorite covers of the run. I've always been a sucker for a Van der Graff (sp?) generator!

I do have my very hopeful eyes on a lower-grade MM #10 right now. If I can keep selling at a regular clip it might be mine within a few months. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm a little embarassed to admit that this is currently the only Timely in my collection.

I understand your embarassement... and I'm here to help. I'll take that eyesore from you free of charge. It's the least I could do for a fellow collector. insane.gifthumbsup2.gif

Here's a little something I picked up over the weekend. Total beater but I still love it.

Man.... I almost shed a tear when I saw that book. I felt the books pain from the mouse chews. frown.gif

That said... i'd have bought that baby too thumbsup2.gif

I've always been a sucker for a Van der Graff (sp?) generator!

You know that is considered a sign of deeper illness. stooges.gif

Seriously - that is a spectacular cover. What I really like is it lacks the "business" of a lot of the WWII covers so the overall impact is more immediate. Then, as you peruse it, you pick up more details and meanings. Just a great great cover!

I miss this thread too. Was looking forward to seeing Timely's early Marvel

Mysteries. I would have boycotted CGC for not allowing him to post scans

if it had not been because the timing was so bad (am just about to submit

a large box of Disneys).

What the heck, here's a book I bought back in 1973. First time I ever broke the $100 barrier on a comic. I was 18 years old and more addicted to comics than girls! shocked.gif

502105-mystic1.jpg

502105-mystic1.jpg.c7fdab61563da6f5c2701cf85cf1308a.jpg

Edited by ghoulaid

Here is another recent Ebay win. Sold as a 2.5 due to a loose cover, this is the kind of high eye-appeal/low grade copy I love to find. Considering a 1.0 copy is currently at $161 w ith BP in today's Heritage Auction, I think $200 was a bargain for this one. 1943-45 Marvel Mysteries can be a steal compared to other Timelys, if you have a little patience.

504921-mm47.jpg

504921-mm47.jpg.2fdaa8ff95174600aea4cb8b8ce84a7f.jpg

I bought this Pennsylvania pedigree All-Select #1 in the 1980s. Certification statement was provided by Steve Geppi and John Snyder. Since I am overseas, the book is in storage so I only have the scan in my files. Due to the size, I loaded it to photobucket.com for viewing. Based on the scan, can you make an educated guess how it would rank against the other All-Select #1s? Since I never open my books, this book was scanned through the mylar so the tape on the bottom is actually holding the mylar to a manila backing board.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v295/marksarah1/Comics/?action=view&current=select1.jpg