• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

drbanner,

Any good reason why that MM#48 was only graded at a 3.5? It looks sweet! It looks like you could sell it as a raw 6.0 and get no complaints.

One reason - detached cover! If you look closely at the staple, you can sort of tell. However, there's no paper missing, the cut is nice and clean, you can still see the staple, and the cover looks "tight" to the book.

Unlike some board members, I'd buy detached cover books that look like that all day long! I recently picked up a raw, detached cover MM#47 that looked nearly as nice as that #48 for just under 3.0 guide - I'd rather have that, than an attached cover 3.0 that looked it, as my main reasons for collecting this title are the fantastic Schomburg war covers.

drbanner,

Any good reason why that MM#48 was only graded at a 3.5? It looks sweet! It looks like you could sell it as a raw 6.0 and get no complaints.

One reason - detached cover! If you look closely at the staple, you can sort of tell. However, there's no paper missing, the cut is nice and clean, you can still see the staple, and the cover looks "tight" to the book.

A detached cover still garners a grade of 3.5? Who would have thunk it.