• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gifhail.gif and the MMC 30 are just GREAT covers.

What impresses even more about your books are the colors that are absolutely marvelous wink.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't know how you can survive when those beauties are in transit. I'd be insane.gif all day waiting for them crazy.gif

They actually came 2nd day so I had two days of pins and needles.

As for the colors, I will be honest, while color and page quality are important to me, we have a pretty good scanner and sometimes

I think it pumps up the volume on its own!

he lies; they are prettier in person. i've geeked on them many a time, and will do so once again, with relish, this weekend.

Yep, the joys of disclosure!!!!!! You know, the yellow logo of the Marvel 30 just adds to its coolness. And its the Pearl Harbor issue. What kid could resist that cover. It is surprising that it isn't the most common issue around. They must not have printed as many of these as, say, a Capt. Marvel from the same month. Either that or kids back then had no taste!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif There's got to be an explanation beyond tastes. It seems to me that Fawcett had deeper coffers and could afford to put out more copies on the market. After all, their roots reach further back than Goodman's and as an outfit was probably better run. confused-smiley-013.gif

You are probably right. It is interesting looking at the Mile High codes and seeing how many copies that newsstand got of Marvel Mystery during this time. I would think they would be selling out every month and ordering more (like we do it now). Instead, the numbers decrease month to month.

Yards got mowed, cars got washed...

thank god you stopped before you got to the public bathroom at the park.

Har-de-har-har. I think you already had the pole polishing bidness cornered in these parts! Wham! (George Michael....get it?)

893whatthe.gifhail.gif and the MMC 30 are just GREAT covers.

What impresses even more about your books are the colors that are absolutely marvelous wink.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't know how you can survive when those beauties are in transit. I'd be insane.gif all day waiting for them crazy.gif

They actually came 2nd day so I had two days of pins and needles.

As for the colors, I will be honest, while color and page quality are important to me, we have a pretty good scanner and sometimes

I think it pumps up the volume on its own!

he lies; they are prettier in person. i've geeked on them many a time, and will do so once again, with relish, this weekend.

OOPS. I take the George Michael post back.....Mr. Parker said something nice!

Can't wait for Friday!

cap17.jpg

Holy *spoon* Richard!!!! You have outdone yourself!!! hail.gif893whatthe.gif

OUTSTANDING Richard!!! This is such a must-have book... what a fantastic book, and in PRIMO condition!!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Ryan. Would you like to do a cover recreation of it like the AA61 (which is awesome BTW)? Let's talk.....

Yards got mowed, cars got washed...

thank god you stopped before you got to the public bathroom at the park.

ouch! juggle.gif

Wow Richard, I don't even know what to say. Those books are simply stunning! You have almost made me want to start collecting Timelys.

Thanks Peter,

Timelys are pretty cool. But please wait until I and a few others are done. Besides, aren't there still some pre-hero DC you are looking for? Would love to see your collection in its entirety some day. Oh, and you couch, too!

Mr. Schomburg IS in the hizzouse! Welcome to Wednesday Night Timely Fest!

Nothing like it anywhere else on the boards. Those later USA issues are great, and very tough. If you see a #14, get it. Hard, hard book to find. And the Cap 21, wow, what a cover. So, Paul, what are we going to do for next Wednesday night? (I'm not sure I'll be ready for an encore!)