• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,072 posts in this topic

Great pick-up Surfer. Marvel #5 is one of the keystones to any Timely collection.

an "issue" at the bottom of the spine/back cover, but overall a pretty nice unrestored off-white paged book

1811406-marvel19front281.JPG

Is this one of the "Int" books that there was a thread started about?

Ken

yay.gif

SMC18LJFC.jpg

Nice book Peter. It ended pretty strong for a 8.5, which surprised me a bit. I thought the top for that book would be $1,100 or so.

Let's hope Subbys aren't suddenly becoming "hot" or I'll never get close to putting together an even partial run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Let's hope Subbys aren't suddenly becoming "hot" or I'll never get close to putting together an even partial run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Actually I thought I picked this up cheap. It bascially went at 9.0 sales from 2002 and 2004 and in general prices are probably pretty flat for some time now. I don't think there is too much focus on Sub-Mariner books yet but its bound to come once a fresh crop of high grade copies hit the market. Also I thought Jacquet connection adds alittle more to its value, I know it makes this book special for me. I expected you to be all over this book for sure (unless you already have a copy?). BTW I miss my issue #35 I sold you. frown.gif

an "issue" at the bottom of the spine/back cover, but overall a pretty nice unrestored off-white paged book

Ken

This book is from an original owner collection, and I did not see the "Int" thread.......so, I guess I'm not much help here tongue.gif

This book has been "reserved" for sale to the Detective27Kid once it comes back from CGC......wonder how she'll grade with the minor bottom spine damage but overall very nice condition? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

Ken

This book is from an original owner collection, and I did not see the "Int" thread.......so, I guess I'm not much help here tongue.gif

This book has been "reserved" for sale to the Detective27Kid once it comes back from CGC......wonder how she'll grade with the minor bottom spine damage but overall very nice condition? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

I wonder too!....but, I have a space cleared out in the old MMC box for "her"

gator

Actually I thought I picked this up cheap. It bascially went at 9.0 sales from 2002 and 2004 and in general prices are probably pretty flat for some time now. I don't think there is too much focus on Sub-Mariner books yet but its bound to come once a fresh crop of high grade copies hit the market. Also I thought Jacquet connection adds alittle more to its value, I know it makes this book special for me. I expected you to be all over this book for sure (unless you already have a copy?). BTW I miss my issue #35 I sold you. frown.gif

I thought I'd wait for one of the 9.0 copies to surface. I'm also trying to stay away from books with CRM/OW pages for right now, though that might change moving forward.

So far, I've only added two books to my Subby run this year, so being picky has its downside (namely, its taking forever to find suitable copies).

I miss my # 35 too. Its currently in my safe deposit box and I just don't get to look at it much anymore. frown.gif

unrestored OW/W pages....listed in the 'Have a Cigar' thread.....Silver Surfer suggested I show her here too:

Book is from an OO collection

1820861-1820667-humantorch1front389.jpg

Steve

Steve, what are you doing buying timelys?...don't get me wrong, I think it is great....can't wait to get the MMC 19....

HT 1 is a beaut

rick

The fact this is an OO copy makes this even more spectacular. Can you share any details with us?

Sure!

grade: approx 7.0 F/VF

sellers name: 893censored-thumb.gif

price: 893censored-thumb.gif

date of sale: 893censored-thumb.gif

sale venue: 893censored-thumb.gif

pedigree: 893censored-thumb.gif

slabbing?: 893censored-thumb.gif

keeper? : 893censored-thumb.gif

devil.gif

The fact this is an OO copy makes this even more spectacular. Can you share any details with us?

Sure!

grade: approx 7.0 F/VF

sellers name: 893censored-thumb.gif

price: 893censored-thumb.gif

date of sale: 893censored-thumb.gif

sale venue: 893censored-thumb.gif

pedigree: 893censored-thumb.gif

slabbing?: 893censored-thumb.gif

keeper? : 893censored-thumb.gif

devil.gif

That was a fascinating story. toetap.gif

silenced.gif

unrestored OW/W pages....listed in the 'Have a Cigar' thread.....Silver Surfer suggested I show her here too:

Book is from an OO collection

1820861-1820667-humantorch1front389.jpg

Steve

893whatthe.gif Sweet book! Any other keys in the collection that you might be picking up at some point?

[sellers name: 893censored-thumb.gif

I just called 893censored-thumb.gif and he denies the Torch was his. You are gonna have to come up with a better story!