• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

Well I miss my high grade BA stuff even less now grin.gif This is a nice tradeoff:

MC267m.jpg

I'll take this over a BA collection any day! Gorgeous, simply gorgeous hail.gif

Angelo

I will flash you a real nice BA for your MMC 26! poke2.gif

I'll just flash you for it if you would like...... shy.gif

Timley sort of (reprint). Selling of my BA stuff in exchange for GA stuff like this has been great.

Cap67CAD.jpg

Where in the hell are you finding these Candian Edition Timelys? Looks great!! 893applaud-thumb.gif How about saving me a few?!!! (Just kidding!!) Great pick-up!!

Nice books Pete, your on a real hot streak thumbsup2.gif

Got this one today, thanks to MCMiles!

usa17.jpg

I never noticed Cap was running the guy through with a spear until now, with a bloodied tip no less!

The cover has just gained "classic" status for me. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice books Pete, your on a real hot streak thumbsup2.gif

Got this one today, thanks to MCMiles!

usa17.jpg

I never noticed Cap was running the guy through with a spear until now, with a bloodied tip no less!

The cover has just gained "classic" status for me. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Cap don't mess around! sumo.gif

A couple of books just back from CGC....

mm13.jpg

I'm a little disappointed in the grade on this one. It is really nice for a 7.0.

Does have a crease at the bottom of the back cover though. Oh well, still one of my favorite covers. Got this from sacentaur a few years back.

mm14.jpg

I have had this book a long time. Bought it at the end of the 1981 San Diego Comic-Con from Terry Stroud. I had been looking at it all show but he had it priced at $375. I remember buying the Church Action 26 at that show as well as a bunch of other stuff. I had been by Terry's warehouse prior to the show and spent about $2000 on books. So at the end of the show I was tapped for cash. I had about $200 left to get gas, hotel, food etc. for the drive back to Texas. As I was walking by Terry's table he asked if I wanted the book. I explained my situation. He said $150, that leaves $50 to get home. DONE!

If only some guy named Alex Schomburg hadn't written his name on the cover.

A couple of books just back from CGC....

mm13.jpg

I'm a little disappointed in the grade on this one. It is really nice for a 7.0.

Does have a crease at the bottom of the back cover though. Oh well, still one of my favorite covers. Got this from sacentaur a few years back.

Very tough book in higher grades. Richard as far as slabbed Timley collections go I don't think I have seen one better than yours or one that even comes close for that matter, absolutely killer MMC run. hail.gif

an "issue" at the bottom of the spine/back cover, but overall a pretty nice unrestored off-white paged book

1811406-marvel19front281.JPG

Steve,

You need to sell this nice book to one of these Timely guys who will truly appreciate it.

Richard

I am....and here's the back cover. The book is at CGC right now......what grade do you guys think they will give it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This one is throwing me a bit.....I can usually hit the nail on the head, but my prediction hammer is pretty wobbly on this one tongue.gif.

I'll post the results next week, and we can see who got it right

1839372-marvel19back282.JPG

1839372-marvel19back282.JPG.d302873e8b28e617d9aeb0ef300a5e16.JPG

Steve how many wraps does the back cover "flake" effect? Just the cover?

about 7 or 8 pages including back cover

I'd say 5.5 at best, don't be surprised if a few graders make it out as a 5.0. To me they have been overly harsh on GA grading lately.

Steve how many wraps does the back cover "flake" effect? Just the cover?

about 7 or 8 pages including back cover

I'd say 5.5 at best, don't be surprised if a few graders make it out as a 5.0. To me they have been overly harsh on GA grading lately.

5.5 would put it in line with the 7.0 #13 above.

my sweet spot is 5.0, so that will be my guess....but I will be happy with anything, as the book looks nice...if higher or lower, don't really care, I will still feel good about writing that check to steve!

gator

My first Timely. Didn't break the bank and happy with the results. 1st one under my belt (GA books #2 and #3 on the way soon)

Thanks for all your advice everyone.

mmc78.jpg

mmc78back.jpg

you've caught the bug, and may you never recover.