• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

... oh and while the grade in my opinion is a little bit of a joke, (both Mr. B and I feel that a 7.0 would be max, and anywhere in the 6.5 range is accurate, He sold me the book) it just came in today and I missed this one.

CaptainAmerica3.jpg

That Cap 3 is a very nice book Paul (I saw it in person earlier this year and was sorely tempted), but...what in the world is going on with PGX?

It seems that every book of their's I've seen lately has consistently been overgraded 1 (or more!) points... confused-smiley-013.gif

STEVE

I don't know, in the past even as close as 2 months ago the grading was right on or at times a litlle strict. I don't even know what to think on this one, besides the staples were not replaced just cleaned IMHO! This batch most were just fine, but out of 24 books, 3 are just plain ridiculously high at least a point IMHO! Seems funny to complain about, but when you look at a book and go, F no thats not the right grade...well...usually its the other way around. I tell you this, if I were to look at buying this book, I would say no better than 6.5, of course on a good day with the right wind a 7.0(being a reasonable stretch) any more and here we are.

Paul

I don't know, in the past even as close as 2 months ago the grading was right on or at times a litlle strict. I don't even know what to think on this one, besides the staples were not replaced just cleaned IMHO! This batch most were just fine, but out of 24 books, 3 are just plain ridiculously high at least a point IMHO! Seems funny to complain about, but when you look at a book and go, F no thats not the right grade...well...usually its the other way around. I tell you this, if I were to look at buying this book, I would say no better than 6.5, of course on a good day with the right wind a 7.0(being a reasonable stretch) any more and here we are.

Paul

I don't care what the label says, that book is beautiful! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hello everyone. Posted this one raw earlier. Since then had it certified. Highest graded on the census! smile.gif

1876171-tt1.jpg

Please excuse the scanner reflections.

Yowsah!! That rocks Ben! headbang.gif

Hello everyone. Posted this one raw earlier. Since then had it certified. Highest graded on the census! smile.gif

1876171-tt1.jpg

Please excuse the scanner reflections.

That is a gorgeous book!

Just got this from a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays.

marvel1.jpg

Hopefully now I will be accepted as a full fledged member of the Timely Geek Club.

marvel1.jpg

Hopefully now I will be accepted as a full fledged member of the Timely Geek Club.

GREAT BOOK Rich! ou must be prett darned excited about this one! I am amazed at the page quality. All the Twilights I have seen have been tan to cream pages.

Richard, you were always a geek in my eyes! wink.gif

Congratulations on the Marvel 1!!! headbang.gif

marvel1.jpg

Just blew my load! Holy shizzle! That book is awsome, 893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

marvel1.jpg

glad it worked out for the 2 of you, I know you all will be as happy now as you have ever been!

gator

marvel1.jpg

Please tell me you have to sell some of your gorgeous Subbys to finance this purchase. poke2.gif

Seriously, awesome book Rich. Bring it by at Mega-Con next Feb so I can drool over it. I'll even through in the $14 reholdering fee.

Thanks All! It has been a rainy, and wonderful July 4th. Thanks to Billy (for the book, not the rain!).

Feeling like sharing the love tonight, although might break Surfers heart for parting with it.

HumanTorch12.jpg

Hey I bet you thought you overpaid for it at first. poke2.gif You know that was a nice copy, too bad I couldn't remove the CT without taking pieces oof the book. Hey I think that book was made with only one staple, surpised they didn't note that on the label.

Ya thats it baby, can feel it....all good....Nothing like the good stuff!

blush.gif