• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,095 posts in this topic

If Toro can just blast a giant hole through the middle of the dam, does Tubby really need to be trying to use what looks like a highly unstable bundle of high explosives to do the job?

complete1.jpg

:roflmao:

Nice book! (thumbs u

This one gets my want list down to five comics. It is one of only two Timelys in my collection.

This one comes from Jerry Weist, who stated that he got it from an OO collection. The book is very nice in hand and appears to have taken about a hit due page quality as the book looks like a strong 8.5. With the price I paid for this, I assume the 9.0 I planned on going after on Heritage next week would have busted my budget.

101942.jpg.dbbdb3c2aab7303cfbbdd9d01db5fdfb.jpg

Great Books, All!! This thread has really heightened my appreciation of Timely books after being primarily a DC collector for the last thirty/forty years. BTW, I had my only Timely--a Marvel Mystery 54--slabbed a few years ago and it came back a 5.0. with Off White pages. Can anyone tell me what the GPA is on this book? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

SLR

there is no gpa for a 5.0 mmc 54...

Thanks for the info. Hard to say what it's actually worth. According to the census it's the second highest graded and it has a great Schomberg cover.

SLR

been wanting to upgrade my daring 1 for awhile; finally found the right one. my very most favoritest timely cover.

daring1.jpg

That is on a very short list of my all-time favorite covers. I was watching it but couldn't afford it. I notice it is still shown for sale though.

been wanting to upgrade my daring 1 for awhile; finally found the right one. my very most favoritest timely cover.

daring1.jpg

That is on a very short list of my all-time favorite covers. I was watching it but couldn't afford it. I notice it is still shown for sale though.

it is pulled.

so, with the sig line below getting smaller and smaller, one of my main pursuits for the near future is upgrading, primarily my timely and fox runs. i'm going to try to get all the timely #1's [or functional equivalent] in decent shape. here is the current state of the 1st 5. not 5 peds like the tall geek probably has, but i love 'em just the same.

KansasCity.jpg

daring1.jpg

mystic1.jpg

redraven.jpg

torch1.jpg

so, with the sig line below getting smaller and smaller, one of my main pursuits for the near future is upgrading, primarily my timely and fox runs. i'm going to try to get all the timely #1's [or functional equivalent] in decent shape. here is the current state of the 1st 5. not 5 peds like the tall geek probably has, but i love 'em just the same.

KansasCity.jpg

daring1.jpg

mystic1.jpg

redraven.jpg

torch1.jpg

:applause:

Won this fugly Big 3 #5 from Heritage last Sunday. Bad PQ and big honking FREE COPY stamp on the cover but one of only two on the census. Another run I am working - not particularly actively but if one comes up that I need. My other pieces of the run below as well.

big35cgc45lt-ow.jpg

37b8679a.jpg

8d0603c3.jpg

10ab4491.jpg

KansasCity.jpg

daring1.jpg

mystic1.jpg

redraven.jpg

torch1.jpg

:applause:
(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

The more I see those GA books,the more I want one

Won this fugly Big 3 #5 from Heritage last Sunday. Bad PQ and big honking FREE COPY stamp on the cover but one of only two on the census. Another run I am working - not particularly actively but if one comes up that I need. My other pieces of the run below as well.

big35cgc45lt-ow.jpg

37b8679a.jpg

8d0603c3.jpg

10ab4491.jpg

A slightly oddball, but cool run nonetheless.

I don't have any of them, but it seems that the first issue of Big 3 is the most common - is this correct?

A slightly oddball, but cool run nonetheless.

I don't have any of them, but it seems that the first issue of Big 3 is the most common - is this correct?

doh! Foxes do not equal Timelys - sorry wrong thread. I think #1 is the most common - that was the first one I picked up.

Edited by telerites

daring1.jpg

Wow what an upgrade! So happy for you :applause:

:cry:

re: Parker's 5

^^

(I actually prefer my first issues and keys to be restored, as long as the PQ is naturally nice).

thanks sir; and i know you noticed that only 1 of those 5 had pq as low as c/ow!