• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

re: Parker's 5

^^

(I actually prefer my first issues and keys to be restored, as long as the PQ is naturally nice).

thanks sir; and i know you noticed that only 1 of those 5 had pq as low as c/ow!

Yup, took less than a nanosecond! :grin:

re: Parker's 5

^^

(I actually prefer my first issues and keys to be restored, as long as the PQ is naturally nice).

thanks sir; and i know you noticed that only 1 of those 5 had pq as low as c/ow!

Yup, took less than a nanosecond! :grin:

wow, you musta really been mesmerized by the covers for it to have taken YOU that long.

been wanting to upgrade my daring 1 for awhile; finally found the right one. my very most favoritest timely cover.

daring1.jpg

I'm so happy for you Geek.

Can't wait to see it.

OK, I didn't plan it that way but it turned into a Cap themed weekend. First up my pickup from San Diego with a couple of interior shots included from reading the book this morning. I have to say that this book was much more readable than my only other GA CAP - issue 11 which left much to be desired in the story deparment.

102116.jpg.355b3e0beee43dd0a9a12c64e6bc0e7a.jpg

102117.jpg.f313edb76858d2fdc5518d9bbba4d763.jpg

102118.jpg.99f3af9be0f626cbe7623b5bafc6e186.jpg

Then as timing would have the framing shop called and I picked up the following piece. I bought this back in 1976 or 1977 for the princely sum of $13, and paid over ten times that for the framing! Anyway proudly hanging on my wall today.

very nice..

OK, I didn't plan it that way but it turned into a Cap themed weekend. First up my pickup from San Diego with a couple of interior shots included from reading the book this morning. I have to say that this book was much more readable than my only other GA CAP - issue 11 which left much to be desired in the story deparment.

Damn that's pretty sweet. If only I was in town during the sale. Cap appears rather stretched out and Torch flew right through a neck. (thumbs u

many are not a fan of curly haired Subby. :sorry:

I think he looks quite dashing. :cloud9:

One of my favorite U-boat covers!

mmc10cgc.jpg

I too love this cover, but after speaking with Gator on the subject once, we are in the minority on this one as many are not a fan of curly haired Subby. :sorry:

Jim

It is a brilliant book, and I especially love the curly haired subby AND the green water!

mmc10cgc.jpg

I too love this cover, but after speaking with Gator on the subject once, we are in the minority on this one as many are not a fan of curly haired Subby. :sorry:

Jim

It is a brilliant book, and I especially love the curly haired subby AND the green water!

y'all are way off--the book wouldn't even be worth owning w/o the terry vance appearance.

mmc10cgc.jpg

Jim

y'all are way off--the book wouldn't even be worth owning w/o the terry vance appearance.

The Electro story in 10 is the pinnacle in the evolution of that much beloved character.

Can't wait for the movie :whee: